★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hexa Turn is a turn-based puzzle game with minimalist design. Challenge your brain to solve this clever puzzle experience. You will strategically turn hexagons to block triangle's way to the squares.

Hexa Turn brings you:
Pure puzzle solving with simple & minimalist visuals
Brain teaser challenges that put your logic skills to the test
Carefully crafted 96 levels
Variety of unique game mechanics
4 different powerups: double turn, freeze, distraction, remover
Game Center integration with 20 achivements
Easy one-tap portrait mode control
Undo turn ability
No IAP, No Ads

Social Media
facebook.com/wonderkiddevelopment
twitter.com/wonderkidevelop

WonderDev's comments:

Hi Everyone!
Hexa Turn now available for iOS devices and we are always looking player feedback to improve it.
You can also try the browser demo here.
Follow us to hear about our new games: Facebook, Twitter
Have fun!
11-29-2017, 05:47 PM
Very clever puzzle game, liking this a lot, played 10 levels so far, its not that easy too, looking forward to be playing more tomorrow.

Congrats on the release Wonderkid.

11-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Very clever puzzle game, liking this a lot, played 10 levels so far, its not that easy too, looking forward to be playing more tomorrow.

Congrats on the release Wonderkid.
Thank you! We are happy to you liked it!
11-30-2017, 09:12 AM
Thanks to Roger-NL for recommending this game to me.

Like other logic strategy games based on similar core mechanics, am I correct that the triangle's behavior is entirely deterministic (that is, entirely repeatable) and is dictated by a set of rules guiding how it moves if there are multiple paths?

I assume that the triangle is optimizing its path with each move to try to "escape" from the wall that the player will try to build around it to block it. Am I correct? If so, how is this calculated? If there are two more equally efficient paths, how does the game choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderDev View Post
Thank you! We are happy to you liked it!
11-30-2017, 12:38 PM
You are right, triangle picks the shortest path that has less closed cells around it. If paths are equal, then it picks one of them randomly.
11-30-2017, 02:23 PM
Just finished level 2-19 great solution this level has, got me thinking for a while, great stuff, for me this is Game of the Week.
12-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Are you aware of the true optimal solution for each level, such as the minimum number of blocks you need to use to solve each level? For example, Level 1.10 can be easily solved using 11 blocks but can also be solved using 10 blocks. The double-block power-up mechanic is quite clever, as it bypasses a major disadvantage on previous games using this same core mechanic.

Quote:
You are right, triangle picks the shortest path that has less closed cells around it. If paths are equal, then it picks one of them randomly.
12-02-2017, 07:41 AM
Thank you for your nice comments guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Are you aware of the true optimal solution for each level, such as the minimum number of blocks you need to use to solve each level? For example, Level 1.10 can be easily solved using 11 blocks but can also be solved using 10 blocks. The double-block power-up mechanic is quite clever, as it bypasses a major disadvantage on previous games using this same core mechanic.
Yes, in earlier stages of development I thought adding many features like that. However, at the end I wanted to let players solve puzzles the way they like. Since it's a minimal game, I didn't want things get more complex.
12-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Thank you for your nice comments guys!

Yes, in earlier stages of development I thought adding many features like that. However, at the end I wanted to let players solve puzzles the way they like. Since it's a minimal game, I didn't want things get more complex.
Y2kmp3 is a girl/woman I am the only guy well last time I looked ha ha.

The game is great fun I need only 4 levels to complete the game, hoping for new levels soon as you said in the game.
12-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Y2kmp3 is a girl/woman I am the only guy well last time I looked ha ha.

The game is great fun I need only 4 levels to complete the game, hoping for new levels soon as you said in the game.
Sorry I didn't know that! I better keep saying 'everyone' then I've already started developing pack 4 and planning to release it in 3 weeks. Stay tuned everyone!