MFI controller help

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dbagga84, Nov 30, 2017.

1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Hello, I’ve never used an MfI controller before and I’m in the market for one. The probably is no matter what website you go to they all have an average of about 3.5/5 star ratings and the issues people have with them scare me from getting one because they’re so expensive (to me 60 is expensive) on top of that NONE of them claim to be compatible with iPhone 8 Plus. So my question is. Which controller should I invest in? I won’t get a gamevice 100 is way too much to spend on a controller, so let’s keep it at the normal 59.99 and below limitation. I’d like to hear from anyone that uses an MFI certified device on their iPhone 8 Plus to know for sure that 1 it works and 2 the phone fits the clip. Oh I did forget to mention. It has to be a controller with a clip to hold my phone. I prefer doing my mobile gaming chilled back in bed, not propping my phone up on a table lol. I know it sound very picky but I have to be, I abandoned console gaming after 28 years of it with the current gen systems, mobile is all I have left, I play pretty much everything lol free and paid. Usually at home I almost never play and travel. (I thought about a switch one day since I don’t have to play on a tv) thanks in advance!

2. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    What I use

I purchased one of these in 2015. I love it. Using on my iPhone 8 Plus now.

Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i Mobile Gamepad and Game Controller Mfi

Attached Files:

3. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    That's the same model as what I've had for a year and a half, and adore it.

4. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting a SteelSeries Nimbus and a phone clip from amazon. It wasn’t out of impatience though. My birthday hit and a controller had to get ordered before the money went to something else (it was a gift from my parents lol) I love it the only thing that saddens me is the thumbsticks aren’t clickable so even though most games don’t require that. Some do and I’m just waiting for that one really good game that comes out but I won’t get to use my controller because of it :p

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    you will not regret the nimbus one bit. its fantastic :)

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have the Matcatz Micro, and i love using it.

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Not sure for an iphone 8 but the SteelSeries Nimbus along with an aftermarket clip-on has been perfect for all of my device's. I'd think it'd work just as good for an iphone 8.

8. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Yeh the combo works perfect in my 8 Plus