★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Gerrymander: Rig The Election is a puzzle game based on the political practice of gerrymandering. What's that? Well play the game to find out!

-50 Levels
-Levels are procedurally generated so they are new each time!
-Try and destroy elections as fast as possible!
-Learn how real politicians manipulate the system in order to win!
-A finalist in the 2017 Australian Game Developer Awards!

Busalonium's comments:
Hello everyone!

We've just released Gerrymander: Rig the Election, a game where you control redistricting and can tip election in your favor. It is a puzzle game based on a real political practice that has been a major problem, particularity in the US. You can read more about it on wikipedia, or just play the game and learn through experience!

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-29-2017, 11:50 PM
Is this game funded by the RNC? j/k Im actually enjoying this game! Well done!

11-30-2017, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaymerX View Post
Is this game funded by the RNC? j/k Im actually enjoying this game! Well done!

Thankyou! I'm glad you like it
11-30-2017, 06:05 AM
It's a nicely done game with a mechanic I didn't encounter before. The interface is quick and clean.

Also you don't hear me complaining since it's free, the only thing that breaks the flow of the game is that the maps are numbered, even though they are randomly generated but that you don't earn enough per map to unlock the new one, as from level 15 or so, thus making it a little grindy. Again, it is not that bad since you get a new map, but it irks a little that you win a map with 3 medals and can't advance but have to redo the same level until you get enough money.

Would pay a euro however for another 50 map-pack with some new obstacle-types.
11-30-2017, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratAll View Post
It's a nicely done game with a mechanic I didn't encounter before. The interface is quick and clean.

Also you don't hear me complaining since it's free, the only thing that breaks the flow of the game is that the maps are numbered, even though they are randomly generated but that you don't earn enough per map to unlock the new one, as from level 15 or so, thus making it a little grindy. Again, it is not that bad since you get a new map, but it irks a little that you win a map with 3 medals and can't advance but have to redo the same level until you get enough money.

Would pay a euro however for another 50 map-pack with some new obstacle-types.
An update that slightly tweaks the level progression is on its way, hopefully it will feel a bit less grindy while still encouraging ad watching.

We're also planning an update for January and a map pack is certainly something we're considering, no promises though.

Thanks for playing!
11-30-2017, 08:51 PM
We've just done an update that makes a number of small tweaks.

-Some small graphics improvements, most noticeable on the beach levels.

-Some UI upgrades.

-And a re-balance to the progression to encourage replaying old levels more and make early levels less grindy.
11-30-2017, 09:37 PM
Great game that everyone should play. This is a truly disgusting practice that no serious democracy should tolerate.
12-01-2017, 05:19 PM
This game is kind of amazing.

The puzzle mechanics are incredibly simple, almost to the point of being mindless (at least as far as I've gotten), but the fact that you have to do it as fast as possible makes it really fun.

On top of that, it makes the idea of gerrymandering really clear and simple to understand in a way I've never seen before. The entire time I've been playing I'm like "this is really fun" and "this is really disgusting" at the same time. It's actually quite brilliant how it uses a real-life practice and turns it into a puzzle without needing to abstract it out too much. What you are doing is almost literally what politicians do.

Really amazing idea. Execution is great, too, but I wish the drawing/tapping controls were tightened up a bit. More people need to give this game a try.

My power-pop band is on iTunes.
12-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOSgamer1980 View Post
Great game that everyone should play. This is a truly disgusting practice that no serious democracy should tolerate.
Thank you! I agree, it's insane, I'm hoping the game can help people understand why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
This game is kind of amazing.

The puzzle mechanics are incredibly simple, almost to the point of being mindless (at least as far as I've gotten), but the fact that you have to do it as fast as possible makes it really fun.

On top of that, it makes the idea of gerrymandering really clear and simple to understand in a way I've never seen before. The entire time I've been playing I'm like "this is really fun" and "this is really disgusting" at the same time. It's actually quite brilliant how it uses a real-life practice and turns it into a puzzle without needing to abstract it out too much. What you are doing is almost literally what politicians do.

Really amazing idea. Execution is great, too, but I wish the drawing/tapping controls were tightened up a bit. More people need to give this game a try.
Thank you! We're planning to keep updating the game, hopefully drawing controls is something we can address.
12-06-2017, 05:05 PM
This deserves wide attention.

Clever political satire and legitimate educational illustration of a seemingly vague concept, all wrapped in a simple, accessible, but enjoyably challenging little puzzle game.

Kudos.

Tell your friends!