★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pocket Rogues - a whole world consisting of generated locations and dungeons. This is an honest and harsh Action-RPG with the Roguelike elements, made in pixel 2D retro style and fully in real time!

Battles in real time will challenge any hardcore gamer, and the exploration of the environment and many unusual mechanics will drag you to long hours.

In Pocket Rogues you are waiting for dozens of dungeons filled with unique loot and monsters, many classes of heroes and bosses, the fight with each of which will be a real test. And the traditional elements of the RPG genre, such as pumping a character and exploring the world, will never let you get bored!

FEATURES:

COMPLETELY IN REAL TIME! Move, dodge, get around the flank!The real-time combat system, just like in the big Action RPG for PC
EACH DESCENT IS UNIQUE! Everything from locations and monsters to loot and random encounters is generated during the game. You will never get two identical dungeons!
6 HERO CLASSES: each has unique skills, items, and a skill's tree
UNIQUE LOCATIONS: each has its own visual style, its own unique monsters, traps and objects, and between all open locations it is possible to move freely!
OWN GUILD FORTRESS: you can build and improve buildings in the Castle of the Guild, opening and strengthening new heroes, and also discover new game mechanics
REGULAR UPDATES. The game is supported and actively developed for a long time, and - in close contact with the community of players who know exactly what they would like to see in the game!

FaceBook Game Team (Eng): http://www.facebook.com/PocketRogues
VK (Rus) game group: http://www.vk.com/pocketrogues

For all questions, you can also contact the developer directly: ethergaminginc@gmail.com

KeKhan's comments:

Pocket Rogues: Ultimate

ALEXEJ LEONYDOV
Genres: Games Action Role Playing
$2.99 USD

Quote:
Pocket Rogues - a whole world consisting of generated locations and dungeons. This is an honest and harsh Action-RPG with the Roguelike elements, made in pixel 2D retro style and fully in real time!

Battles in real time will challenge any hardcore gamer, and the exploration of the environment and many unusual mechanics will drag you to long hours.

In Pocket Rogues you are waiting for dozens of dungeons filled with unique loot and monsters, many classes of heroes and bosses, the fight with each of which will be a real test. And the traditional elements of the RPG genre, such as pumping a character and exploring the world, will never let you get bored!

FEATURES:

COMPLETELY IN REAL TIME! Move, dodge, get around the flank!💩The real-time combat system, just like in the big Action RPG for PC
EACH DESCENT IS UNIQUE! Everything from locations and monsters to loot and random encounters is generated during the game. You will never get two identical dungeons!
6 HERO CLASSES: each has unique skills, items, and a skill's tree
UNIQUE LOCATIONS: each has its own visual style, its own unique monsters, traps and objects, and between all open locations it is possible to move freely!
OWN GUILD FORTRESS: you can build and improve buildings in the Castle of the Guild, opening and strengthening new heroes, and also discover new game mechanics
REGULAR UPDATES. The game is supported and actively developed for a long time, and - in close contact with the community of players who know exactly what they would like to see in the game!

FaceBook Game Team (Eng): http://www.facebook.com/PocketRogues
VK (Rus) game group: http://www.vk.com/pocketrogues

For all questions, you can also contact the developer directly: ethergaminginc@gmail.com

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4-iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G-iPad23G
  • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5-iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini-iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
  • iPadAir-iPadAir
  • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
  • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
  • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
  • iPhone6-iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
  • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
  • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
  • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
  • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
  • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
  • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
  • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
  • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
  • iPadPro-iPadPro
  • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
  • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
  • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
  • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
  • iPhone7-iPhone7
  • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus
  • iPad611-iPad611
  • iPad612-iPad612
  • iPad71-iPad71
  • iPad72-iPad72
  • iPad73-iPad73
  • iPad74-iPad74
  • iPhone8-iPhone8
  • iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus
  • iPhoneX-iPhoneX

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 194.7MB

11-30-2017, 08:57 AM
Tickle me intrigued

11-30-2017, 09:06 AM
Im taking the plunge !

Watched a video on YouTube. This has been popular on Android. Like the retro style graphics. Controls look okay and it has a Gauntlet feel to me

Buying now ...
11-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Well just finished the tutorial. Really like it, like i say reminds me of an old skool Gauntlet a bit. Only done the tutorial, the buttons work well, you can apparently move the position of them if you want. Lots of loot and barrels to break etc. A few english typos (Ax instead of Axe and a few others) but nothing major.

Once you die apparently you can then spend the loot on upgrading your next character/go.

But have a look on youtube, tons of videos and as usual Android gamers have hacks etc (which would ruin the game i think). But happy with my purchase, i'll play this much more later. Love the old skool style graphics and the controls are good. Its not dual stick, theres a stick to move but then buttons on the right but all good so far. Looking forward to getting a better weapon than the default axe you get given.
11-30-2017, 09:28 AM
bought!
when roguelike games are coming up, I'm happy!!
11-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Damn - just purchased to find its got IAPs for a secondary currency. Feel cheated.

Is it possible to get refunds any more on the App Store? If so this is going straight back.
11-30-2017, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Damn - just purchased to find its got IAPs for a secondary currency. Feel cheated.

Is it possible to get refunds any more on the App Store? If so this is going straight back.
Without playing huh?
11-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItouchBrett View Post
Without playing huh?
Well I played a couple of levels then saw the IAP which I hate with a passion in games I have to pay upfront for so... no, not without playing. No idea why you thought that?

Anyone know if a refund can be obtained?
11-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Ive played a fair bit and I havent bought any IAPs. Theyre not alway evil ! In this game they just feel more of an IAP if you want to save time. Not necessary

As for a refund - no. Youve played the game. There is an obvious pop up explaining that for every purchase. Think youre overreacting. Its not like youve reached a level and then youre forced to buy them. So far so good, enjoying this.

I hate IAPs like anything but theee seem to be just ones to get ahead quickly. Eg not evil ones

Last edited by psj3809; 11-30-2017 at 02:46 PM.
11-30-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm in. Will try to post impressions later.