★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Christoph Jakob - Freelance Composer | Looking for new projects!

11-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to DisOmikron
Christoph Jakob - Freelance Composer | Looking for new projects!

Hello!

I am Christoph Jakob, a freelance composer from Germany who grew up with video games. I'm currently looking for paid work!

Portfolio/Demo Reel:
SoundCloud
YouTube

Contact Info: If you like what you hear, feel free to contact me (preferably via email)!
twitter: DisOmikronCJ

I've been composing original compositions for about a decade now, but only recently decided to start working for (indie) games rather than free fangames. I grew up with Nintendo and Sega and still play a lot of their games today. Some of the inspirations should be audible at certain points.

I started playing acoustic guitar in 2003 and electric guitar in 2010. I often record the acoustic and electric guitar for my original compositions.

To me, composing music for a game does not simply mean composing any song and throwing high quality instruments in. It's all about consistency, suitability and a certain recognition value. I'm not a person who simply sticks to a certain musical genre. I want people to instantly recognize my music when they hear it.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited by DisOmikron; 12-20-2017 at 01:08 PM.
12-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Looking for some more projects to score!
02-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Looking for more projects! I've added some of the tracks for an upcoming indie game to my SoundCloud. Check it out, if you need some more impressions! I've also reduced my prices.

SoundCloud