★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Starfighter Neon

12-06-2017, 05:32 AM
Starfighter Neon

Hi everyone!

Starfighter Neon is a small, fun, re-playable arcade style space shooter where the goal is to beat your best scores (and your friends), unlocking extra ships as you go.

It doesn't have an epic settings, huge boss battles or an emotional story line.
It does have bite size sessions of laser blasting, alien dodging, space ship action!
It isn't / won't be free!*

You've been dropped into enemy space. Weave your Starfighter between alien spaceships, lasers, asteroids and bombs destroying as many as you can and collecting valuable coins and powerups as you go.

Youtube link | Pop Up

It's coming out initially on Steam (PC/OSX) on 18th December, and there should be an iOS version available shortly after.

*Not free?? Yes, that's right. It's a small game. It'll be cheap. very cheap, but not free. However, it'll have all the content (now and future) included, there will be no adverts and no iaps. I know, craaaazzzzy!

---
www.madeofdinosaurs.com/starfighter-neon

Last edited by MadeOfDinosaurs; 12-06-2017 at 05:50 AM. Reason: added link to the games website
12-06-2017, 06:44 AM
Nice Can I request Apple TV and MFi controller compatibility?

12-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Hi,
There likely won't be in the original release (I'm pretty much out of time this side of Xmas), but it's certainly something I can look at adding. It's got full controller support on Steam, so the MFi should be fairly simple I hope. I don't have an Apple TV - but I'll investigate that too.
12-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Cool Sounds good! If you need some Apple TV beta testers let me know
12-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Thanks. I might take you up on that, feel free to message me on here an email I can use for a Testflight invite, or fire it to madeofdinosaurs@gmail.com or @madeofdinosaurs
12-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Ok, so MFi controls seem to work (I've only got an old prototype controller, but menus and ship controls fine).
Even though I don't have an Apple TV, I've managed to get a build put together and waiting for the TestFlight review - it's usually only a day or so.
12-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Premium model might work better for your game, like the "Plasma Sky". Wish you the best.
12-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Thanks! - and I hope so. TBH if it makes a single sale, it'll have done better than a lot of my other projects! Good thing I'm not here for the money...
Also - I checked out Plasma Sky, that game looks great, very nicely done.