★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-06-2017, 09:44 AM
This looks amazing, can't believe I haven't heard of this until release. Is there a campaign with a conclusive ending? Or is it more rogue-like?
12-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Seems a bit buggy on text and other context screens. Like it wont respond to a tap very quickly. I sometimes need to tap like 5-6 times before it responds.

Game seems cool so far otherwise.

12-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Cataclysm is hard too and I love it
gonna grab this one up when i get home, looks really good and i followed the progress of it on the forum and the dev is great
12-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Seems a bit buggy on text and other context screens. Like it wont respond to a tap very quickly. I sometimes need to tap like 5-6 times before it responds.

Game seems cool so far otherwise.
Same problem here. Also I cant craft anything, clicking anywhere in the craft screen sends me to the area where my consumables are even though the boomerang isnt crossed out anymore, which I assume means I can make one.

Also clicking equip on the boomerang in my inventory just takes me out of the inventory screen and doesnt equip it. Unless its not supposed to be equipped?

I didnt think the game was mfi supported because there were no options for it in the settings, just touch options. Id like to be able to choose which touch buttons I can make bigger or smaller not just all of them one size. Because Id like moving, action, and jump big but Id like to keep vehicle controls default. I have an idea for the platforming elements, I played this game I think its called dead rain which is a side scroller, and so far has one of the best movement controls Ive ever come across I feel this game could take a page from it. In stead of using two arrow buttons that kinda get confusing with your finger and you end up not moving when you meant to, etc.. it has a slider, slide your thumb forward and back to move in those directions, since it seems theres no need for an up or down button, the slider just felt much smoother then the standard 2 arrows.
12-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Id like to suggest either in general or giving an option to slow time. Day and night cycle moves wayyyy too fast IMO.
12-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Yeah sometimes the buttons are a bit un-responsive, dont know if thats the 'hit' areas or not. The dual joystick stuff seems fine just when you get into a conversation or even sometimes left/right seems a bit dodgy at times. No huge issue and you know this dev for sure will fix any slight issues.

Well worth supporting, my favourite iOS dev for sure !
12-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Somewhat buggy.
Not real responsive.
Haven’t looked yet but hopefully I can change the arrows at bottom left to a touch anywhere because it is somewhat annoying to walk/ steer car when youre in a rush the entire game and your not hitting the small arrow buttons.

The text isn’t clear when says tap. I tap literally everywhere and nothing happens.
Found out u have to tap bottom right.

The game is still fun. It just needs a little improvement .
If you need testers I would be happy to help for updates.

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build

Last edited by Jayg2015; 12-06-2017 at 11:05 AM.
12-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Online/Offline?

Looks great! Does is require an internet connection?
12-06-2017, 11:13 AM
This was also released on Steam, so if you have questions, some of them may be answered here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/580320/Ashworld/
12-06-2017, 11:17 AM

I found out my slider idea wont work down does do something ! You drop through some floors pressing down. Except I dont think you can do that with touch screen so maybe the slider idea still works for touch. Using a controller is much better the sides I had in the inventory vanished, so the touch in that regard needs some fine tuning. I know the game isnt supposed to be easy but anyone else find its better to just run everywhere? Getting in a vehicle is straight dangerous. I get in and BAM Im bombarded by 30+ other cars just plowing in to me lol I cant get away, mainly user error since the controls are backwards. Down being forward and up being backwards. Honestly I think a virtual analog stick would be best for the vehicles. Just slide your thumb up to move forward start sliding it in a direction you want to go while still holding up, wanna go backwards? Slide your thumb down. Itd all be inside a small white circle (where we can change how dense we want the circle to be) or on a controller just use the analog stick in the same manner. I hope its making sense lol