★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-07-2017, 05:23 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
One I started tapping the actual text instead of where it says 'tap here', conversations seemed to work as intended. Though they were still missing the 'close' type dialogue in the bottom right of the screen when conversation was completed. Other than that, the controls being adjustable helped quite a bit with the driving and platforming gameplay once I got them positioned and sized how I liked.

I'm still just scratching the surface of this... But about an hour in and it's starting to click with me.

Super excited to finally have this on my phone.

=D
12-07-2017, 08:06 AM
I feel like it would be good to not have enemies enter places like the compound. It's nice to have a place you can get a reliable breather and it sort of gets irritating when you are trying to talk to NPCs. They cower when enemies get near them, right? I couldn't tell if the one I was trying to talk to was stuck on a building or cowering.

EDIT: Thanks for all the prompt and detailed replies! Very much appreciated!

Last edited by beelzebubble; 12-07-2017 at 08:08 AM.

12-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzebubble View Post
I feel like it would be good to not have enemies enter places like the compound. It's nice to have a place you can get a reliable breather and it sort of gets irritating when you are trying to talk to NPCs. They cower when enemies get near them, right? I couldn't tell if the one I was trying to talk to was stuck on a building or cowering.

EDIT: Thanks for all the prompt and detailed replies! Very much appreciated!
The compound is basically a safe zone.. however!.. it is possible to have ragers chasing you (from the outer edges of the screen) and they won't just stop and will enter the compound if they can. So as long as the area around the compound is safe, you are also safely moving around in it. (tip: destroy any totems nearby the compound as soon as possible)

Critters, creeps and such all do enter and spawn near the compound, they have no regards for boundaries and they will also make NPC's tremble (even if you don't see them, the creatures might be behind a building or crate or something, but it's near!)

I'm the game creator behind Orangepixel.net - tweet tweet @orangepascal
www.orangepixel.net
12-07-2017, 09:33 AM
(As far as recording gameplay) I'm not sure if it is the quickness of the game or a program not handshaking properly on my end or a mixture of both as far as the gameplay seeming a little choppy sometimes. Rest assured the game runs buttery smooth when playing, only after recording the gameplay and playing it back does it seem to lose a frame here and there.
As I said in a previous post, I'm running into most of the same issues as others as you will see if you watch the vid. All good, looking forward to the updates and fixes. Keep on keepin on Orangepixel and Orangepascal. Thanks for all the activity in the forums. Cheers!
First 30+ minutes of gameplay
Part 1 of 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtqjTtuZ4hc&t
Part 2 of 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO6aQmDrgy4&t

Last edited by LANCEtheLAW; 12-07-2017 at 09:49 AM.
12-08-2017, 03:48 AM
Version 1.4.0 should be hitting the app-store any hour now (submitted and approved)

Full change list:
- fix: gamepad up/down was backwards in driving
- fix: Craft menu, selecting item to craft, triggers a category-item to be tapped (so changes to consumables, or weapons, etc)
- fix: dialogues, getting through last line requires tapping on the left (not anywhere/right edge)
- fix: not showing touch-controls when using a gamepad
- fix: made weapons without ammo not "equipable"
- fix: some info in codex wouldn't fit on screen
- fix: weapons didn't shoot when 0 ammo, but still extra clips in inventory
- fix: enemy car drivers now get out instead of driving endless circles around you when on foot

- balance: added some highlights to ledges and floors, make it stand out more
- balance: picking up weapon now always gives you some ammo with it
- balance: small slowdown on the day/night cycle
- balance: changed spawn rates on ragers, easier at start of a new game
- balance: lowered amount of enemy cars spawning at once
- balance: slightly lower energy for ragers and skellies

I'm the game creator behind Orangepixel.net - tweet tweet @orangepascal
www.orangepixel.net
12-08-2017, 06:01 AM
When does the android version release?
12-08-2017, 06:10 AM
That is why i love orangepascal. He listens to the community and tries to implement all the good stuff in to the game. I am going to buy this gem now. Thanks.
12-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Hes one of the best devs there is. Hope he gets lots of sales
12-08-2017, 07:25 AM
Bought! Can't wait to see what this offers!

Devs I love supporting:
AH_Phan, WaveLightGames, Voncarp, ToonuvaGames, Dr_Nachin, Ryan Mitchell
12-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Whats the ammo for the flaming boomerang? I kept meaning to ask. I created one but cant use it since I need the ammo.