★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Some people call boxing The Hurt Business. The bright Vegas lights and the million dollar pay cheques are a distant dream for most boxers.

Climbing the ranks to the top of the world is never going to be easy, dreams can be shattered with just one punch. Just a handful of fighters will have the will and the skill to drag themselves up from the canvas and keep on fighting.

Big Shot Boxing gives you the opportunity to live out the career of a professional boxer from their debut to retirement. Choose how to train your fighter and manage their progression up the ranks. Will you build up skills and experience fighting journeymen or will you race up the ranks to challenge for the title?

Find your own fighting style, box behind the jab and counter punch or throw caution to the wind and go for the knockout!

Boardumb's comments:

12-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Glad its finally out, fantastic boxing game. Seams like a Rock em Sock em but actually has a lot of strategy involved in winning fights.

Definitely one to check out

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i

12-06-2017, 08:42 PM
yeaaaahhh, glad to finally see this on my device, an old style boxing game, and it's really good... i needed it.

congrats for the game Colin!
12-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Downloading now. Already giving me a Barry mcguigsns boxing vibe (classic game from the 80s)
12-07-2017, 04:09 AM
Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Downloading now. Already giving me a Barry mcguigsns boxing vibe (classic game from the 80s)
Yep! had Barry Mcguigans boxing on my Amstrad! Was definitely an influence along with Knockout kings 2001. One of the main things I wanted was that your punches don't get cancelled out when you get hit, that always annoyed me. So in Big Shot boxing you can 'trade' punches, both fighters can land punches at the same time and they both register.
12-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Loving it so far Got too cocky in my 4th fight and lost it on points ! Gutted

But excellent so far. Would be nice perhaps to have some mini games when I out do training ? But cant wait to play this later

Just bought the IAP to remove any adverts. Cheers for the game
12-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Still unclear about the stun/knock-down progression, which appears to be a key part of winning. Tutorial seemed to indicate stun is achieved by cross, followed by uppercut, yet, unclear if this is the only way to stun and whether an rng factor determines success. Far more tactical than Lanes previous, but still casual. As other poster indicated, big jump in difficulty after you move up a few ranks.
12-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmattergames View Post
Still unclear about the stun/knock-down progression, which appears to be a key part of winning. Tutorial seemed to indicate stun is achieved by cross, followed by uppercut, yet, unclear if this is the only way to stun and whether an rng factor determines success. Far more tactical than Lanes previous, but still casual. As other poster indicated, big jump in difficulty after you move up a few ranks.
Maybe I need to make it a bit more clear, either an uppercut or a cross can trigger a stun or a flash knockdown at any time. There are some factors that make it more likely to happen such as if the opponent is moving forward into the punch or if they have previously been knocked down.

Yeah things get tough quickly, as the coach suggests its a good idea to fight the easy guys a couple of times to build up stats before moving on.
12-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Portal Knights is awesome, but this is the game I am playing most right now. Super fun game, with nice progression. Easy ad-buyout makes it a premium game.
12-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Yeah I'm really enjoying this as well, can only echo what the others have said. It's a lot of fun.