★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Coming Soon: Phantom Slayer

09-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Coming Soon: Phantom Slayer

closed

Last edited by BulletDev; 12-15-2008 at 09:30 PM.
09-19-2008, 09:44 PM
James,

Are you sure that this isn't Whack-A-Mole - the Halloween Version? I'm sure that it would sell!

Or somebody needs to make a "Countdown to ... " app that handles different holidays and occasions. One developer has an app for each countdown - for the election, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. By the time you are done with all of the holidays, you have spent $40 and your homescreens are full of "Countdown" apps!

Show us a screenhot as a teaser!

09-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Yes, it is basically Whack-A-Mole, except this will be much more fun, and much more interesting. Also, regarding spending loads of money on single function apps - I'm considering revamping the game after Halloween to include multiple themes (Christmas, Easter, much more...) so this will be a great buy for people this Halloween. I will be posting some screenshots within the week.

Countdown app sounds good! I would make it so you could add your own countdowns and edit them. But that will be another project for later on hehe.....

Last edited by BulletDev; 09-21-2008 at 03:31 AM.
09-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
Yes, it is basically Whack-A-Mole, except this will be much more fun, and much more interesting. Also, regarding spending loads of money on single function apps - I'm considering revamping the game after Halloween to include multiple themes (Christmas, Easter, much more...) so this will be a great buy for people this Halloween. I will be posting some screenshots within the week.

Countdown app sounds good! I would make it so you could add your own countdowns and edit them. But that will be another project for later on hehe.....
Whack-a-Phantom. . .
09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Screenshots

Here a a few screenshots of what should be out on the store very very soon.

If there are any ideas you have for the game, just leave a comment.

Last edited by BulletDev; 09-21-2008 at 09:46 PM.
09-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, maybe the user could add a date and a wallpaper for the countdown - maybe it could handle multiple countdowns, and show the time remaining and the wallpaper. Maybe include some custom wallpapers and the user could add from user's photo library. Good for birthdays, holidays, weddings, any occasion!!

Another thing I haven't seen is a pill reminder for people who have to take different medicines. The user could write down the name of each medicine that needs to be taken each day (and dose - number of pills or quantity of liquid, if necessary), maybe the time of day - morning, afternoon, evening, and any notes (e.g., need to take on a full stomach), and the user could check off each pill as the user takes it. There would also be an option if it needs to be taken daily, twice per day, weekly, monthly - and it would fill in each day automatically, so that the user would not have to type the medicines for each day. What do you think? It would definitely be useful!

Quote:

09-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy1997 View Post
Yeah, maybe the user could add a date and a wallpaper for the countdown - maybe it could handle multiple countdowns, and show the time remaining and the wallpaper. Maybe include some custom wallpapers and the user could add from user's photo library. Good for birthdays, holidays, weddings, any occasion!!

Another thing I haven't seen is a pill reminder for people who have to take different medicines. The user could write down the name of each medicine that needs to be taken each day (and dose - number of pills or quantity of liquid, if necessary), maybe the time of day - morning, afternoon, evening, and any notes (e.g., need to take on a full stomach), and the user could check off each pill as the user takes it. There would also be an option if it needs to be taken daily, twice per day, weekly, monthly - and it would fill in each day automatically, so that the user would not have to type the medicines for each day. What do you think? It would definitely be useful!
It definitely would! I'm going to post a slightly updated version of the game board soon.

Last edited by BulletDev; 12-07-2012 at 05:46 AM.
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Does anyone else have any feedback??
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Does anyone else have any feedback??
I'm don't think I'll be paying for countdowns, just include it built in to your app.
09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Quote:
It definitely would! How much would you be willing to pay for such an app? (Countdowns)
$0.99 maybe, since it could be useful but if you release it for something higher just please don't release it for $4.99 or higher