★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: I live and breathe for these brilliantly hand-crafted puzzle games that respect the players intelligence and time. AppUnwrapper

----

In QB - a cube's tale, you guide the cube QB through a stylistic, rudimentary world. On his journey, QB is faced with great challenges. Various other cubes obstruct his way to the coveted black cube, which will bring him closer to his goal.

PRESENTATION
QB - a cube's tale is an isometric puzzler that manages to challenge you with very few elements. Each puzzle is hand-crafted and captivates with a very clear, miraculously minimalistic graphic in isometric 3D.

CONTROLS
The controls are as simple as minimal. By simply swiping, you move QB one step in the direction indicated. If you rest your finger on the screen QB moves in the same direction until you lift your finger again. The rest results from the different mechanisms that are triggered by the other cubes.

SOUND
The world is accompanied by atmospheric music and subtle sound effects, so you can concentrate fully on the tricky puzzles.

Your progress will be saved in the iCloud so you can guide QB across all of your devices.

QB - a cube's tale is only compatible with devices that have iOS 9 or later.

Stephan_Goebel's comments:

Lads and Gents,
my name is Stephan Gbel and I would like to introduce you to my new game "QB - a cube's tale" for iOS and Android.

In 2012, I was already able to record great successes with my fellow students. Our game "About Love, Hate and the other ones" won the German Computergames Award and was the #1 puzzle game in many European Apple AppStores.

Now it's time for "QB - a cube's tale".

QB is a puzzler in the classical sense. Over the course of the game, more and more mechanics are introduced, with which the player must try to reach the goal. As befits a good game, these mechanics, represented in the form of color-coded cubes, are very easy to understand. Only the combination of the different cubes and the sophisticated level design create complexity and challenge the player again and again.

The graphics impress with their minimalist design, which is complemented by a few well-placed effects. The same is true of the sound effects and the music, which discreetly take over the scene in the background and characterize the actions of the player in a concise way.

"QB - a cube's tale" is a private one-man-project, which was created in my spare time, besides my daily work and my life as a family dad. I was supported by Christian Wittmoser (sound design) and Thomas Hhl (music). After a development period of about 12 months, "QB - a cube's tale" is finally finished and available in the Apple AppStore and Google Play Store.

I hope you like it.

Best regards and always have fun!
Stephan
12-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Hi Stephan, I really loved About Love, Hate and the Other Ones, I played it on Imac, loved the voices of the two characters one said Love you and the other always said Hate you very hilarious.

Just downlaoded your new game and it’s very interesting so far like the new ideas it has and it looks really great.

Just played level 12 and I see the potential here, very clever.

Even the rating the game is a small puzzle liked it and left you a 5 star review on the Dutch appstore.

Good luck with your new game and welcome to TA.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 12-12-2017 at 01:40 AM.

12-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Hi Stephan, I really loved About Love&Hate and the Other Ones, I played it on Imac, loved the voices of the two characters one said Love you and the other always said Hate you very hilarious.

Just downlaoded your new game and its very interesting so far like the new ideas it has and it looks really great.

Just played level 12 and I see the potential here, very clever.

Even the rating the game is a small puzzle liked it and left you a 5 star review on the Dutch appstore.

Good luck with your new game and welcome to TA.
Thank you for your kind words and of cause for the App Store review. That helps me a lot. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. Maybe you come back when you finished level 60?
12-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Halfway through and really enjoying this one. The puzzles start getting quite tricky! I really like how streamlined it all is and how it has fairly unusual but easily understood mechanics. It's quite unique!
12-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Halfway through and really enjoying this one. The puzzles start getting quite tricky! I really like how streamlined it all is and how it has fairly unusual but easily understood mechanics. It's quite unique!
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate!
12-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_Goebel View Post
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate!
Just played level 28 cant stop playing very clever level again, didnt see it at first but its great when you get that aha moment.
12-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Just reached level 20 and was able to get three stars on each level so far with the exception of level 9 (bangs head against the wall). This is a great addition to the cube puzzle roll games with an entertaining twist. Bravo!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Amazing looking game even more amazing dev.
I am sold downloading as i write
12-11-2017, 10:33 PM
I am a big fan of About Love, Hate and the other ones, so I am looking forward to tackling this one...

Stephen, have you played Rubek (by Xigma Games)? The game obviously shares some visual aesthetics with this game and all other rolling block games. Curious about differences in the game mechanics (aside from rolling, of course).

PS: Thank you again to Roger-NL for his personal recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_Goebel View Post
Thank you for your kind words and of cause for the App Store review. That helps me a lot. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. Maybe you come back when you finished level 60?
12-12-2017, 01:51 AM
Level 28 was the hardest level thus far but now finally I got 3 stars on it and also 2 moves under par, so not 49 moves as needed for 3 stars but I did it in 47 moves, are you aware of this Stephan, just letting you know, the game is great fun.