★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Gorogoa is an elegant evolution of the puzzle genre, told through a beautifully hand-drawn story designed and illustrated by Jason Roberts.

UNIQUELY IMAGINATIVE PUZZLES
The gameplay of Gorogoa is wholly original, comprised of lavishly illustrated panels that players arrange and combine in imaginative ways to solve puzzles. Impeccably simple, yet satisfyingly complex.

GORGEOUSLY HAND-DRAWN GAMEPLAY
Jason Roberts created thousands of meticulously detailed hand-drawn illustrations, encompassing the impressive scope of Gorogoa's personal narrative.

A NEW KIND OF STORYTELLING
Gorogoa isn't just a game - it's a work of art, expressing itself through soulful, charming illustrations and distinguished puzzle mechanics.

BigDich's comments:

12-13-2017, 11:12 PM
This is out now too. Also no alert yet from pre-ordering.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA

12-14-2017, 01:50 AM
Any user impressions?
12-14-2017, 11:18 AM
I'm wondering if Gorogoa uses Game Center. On Steam, there are achievements. Wondering which platform might be better...
12-14-2017, 11:45 AM
My early impressions:

I am enjoying this. The artwork is very beautiful and detailed which I suspect would be more enjoyable on a screen larger then my iPad (but the mobile price is much lower, so there is a trade off). There does seem to be a cryptic story that is unveiled as you go along. The game does not explain anything about it’s puzzle mechanism, but it is pretty easy to figure out what to do. You can turn hotspot hints off, but it does not really make much difference in the difficulty. I have struggled with a few of the puzzles and am stuck at the moment after about an hour of playing. This is really interesting and unconventional.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
12-14-2017, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
My early impressions:

I am enjoying this. The artwork is very beautiful and detailed which I suspect would be more enjoyable on a screen larger then my iPad (but the mobile price is much lower, so there is a trade off). There does seem to be a cryptic story that is unveiled as you go along. The game does not explain anything about it’s puzzle mechanism, but it is pretty easy to figure out what to do. You can turn hotspot hints off, but it does not really make much difference in the difficulty. I have struggled with a few of the puzzles and am stuck at the moment after about an hour of playing. This is really interesting and unconventional.
Steve, can you please check if there is Game Center? Much appreciated...
12-14-2017, 11:58 AM
I see no indication of Game Center, and it seems irrelevant to me.

I just solved the puzzle I was stuck on. Very, very clever, unexpected and tricky. There is more to these puzzles then I anticipated. I am so glad I did not give in to searching online for the solution.

12-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Think I'm gonna buy this one tonight to support the solo developer. Just read a review on Kotaku (https://kotaku.com/the-puzzle-of-a-lifetime-1821235999) and the artwork's quite beautiful.

This one looks like it'll play better on iPad, and I've got a flight tomorrow -- so I think it might be a nice one to install on a larger screen than iPhone X.

iPhone X Silver 256gb ATT / iPad Pro LTE 128 12.9" & 9.7"
Apple Watch Sport Series 0 / Switch / Vita / n3DS / PS4 / PS3
Animal Crossing: 6648 4943 739 / Pixelle
12-14-2017, 02:03 PM
I could not imagine playing this game on a small screen like a phone. If someone was limited to that, I would recommend they buy the game for PC instead.

12-14-2017, 03:34 PM
I have bought it for supporting the developer but also for playing a unique puzzle game. I like it so far. Please disable hints. If it has hints, it is waaay too easy and it will end too fast.