★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In an infinite pond many dimensions away a Mysterious Being gives a sword wielding frog an important task - Overthrow the four Masters and find the Lost Rings.

Frog Souls features simple game-play with high challenge and replay-ability. Jump and attack with timing to overcome each duel. Upgrade your character each run. Collect the souls of fallen frogs for rewards...

Can you defeat the Four Masters and complete the story?

Featuring
- Hours of varying gameplay and secrets
- Cool hats, weapons, and powerups! Customise your character
- Die / retry! Keep your powerups and items as long as you have life
- 33 unique enemies, 4 story bosses and 4 hidden bosses
- Side Quests, secrets, rare items - Discover an infinite
hunting portal
- Original soundtrack and SFX
- Equip rings to change gameplay, unlock areas...
- Find friends to fight alongside you
- Absolutely no IAP or ads.

Boardumb's comments:

12-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Sweet!

Does anyone know if this is optimized for the X?

(sorry for sounding like a broken record.....I guess this is the new is there an IAP to get rid of energy haha)

12-12-2017, 10:56 AM
I tested this and loved it! The art style grows on you.
12-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Thanks to everyone who tested! It's a weird little indie game that involves timing and memorizing enemy attack patterns. Lots of secrets and power-ups to discover. Not optimized for X currently but let me look into that!
12-13-2017, 01:27 PM
Would love to know if I am missing something. I know what the blue number represents and the health.

But what is the yellow number for? Is there anyway to switch back to different hats aside if opening more chest?

I killed one Master, have one ring and a talking golden fish.

This game is awesome and it definitely has that Dark Souls style / story.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
www.Fatthunder.com
12-13-2017, 07:34 PM
How do you attack, I dont get the controls
12-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
How do you attack, I dont get the controls
Every time you die you have to walk through the tutorial. It forces you to jump and attack and where to tap.

There is also banners on the left and right sides with pictures that should give you hints.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
www.Fatthunder.com
12-14-2017, 05:09 AM
Thankyou to those playing
Ok so the number in the bottom right corner is the amount of frog souls you have collected. It never changes and could be considered your global score. If it hits a multiple of ten you get a health bonus and multiple of 50 gets an extra life.

edit: Sorry the hats can only be switched with keys and chests. This encourages the player to choose between gifts if they get a hat they don't like
12-14-2017, 09:21 AM
This really looks great~ Love pixel arts, haha.
The description says "an infinite hunting portal", does that mean it has an endless mode?
12-14-2017, 05:06 PM
DarayX - Yes the first ring you unlock gets you to the Misty Forest that is an endless mode with random gifts and enemy combinations.