Universal Fliplomacy - [TestFlight Beta]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by shobhit.samaria, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shobhit.samaria

shobhit.samaria Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    #1 shobhit.samaria, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    EDIT 2:

Hello TA Community!

So "Fliplomacy" 1.0 build got approved by Apple!
    The AppStore page is up and running. So I decided to make the game available for Pre-Order!

I know it is the GDC week and there is lots to check out, but if you get time, then do check out the store page and maybe hit the Pre-Order button! Game releasing on - 28th March!

App Store Link - https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1354991735

Please visit the website for the Presskit!

The TestFlight build is still up and should be working so if you want to check out the game via that route then feel free to contact me and send me the details!

Promo Codes can be generated as well!

Always happy to receive mails :D:D ! I can be reached at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks!

EDIT

The game is now on TestFlight. If you are interested in trying it out and providing some feedback, then please provide the details on this thread. Or you could message me privately as well.
    You can register by providing me the details through this form as well : TestFlight Registration Link
    Or you could tweet or DM me on Twitter as well!

A short and quick description of the game :

There is a state of crisis on our board. Many have changed sides.

As the ace Diplomat, it is your job to restore the order. Every step that you take, can win you friends and turn some against you. You have to work on bringing uniformity to the board. Are you up for the challenge?

Strategise and chart a path across the board; moving, jumping and flipping stuff as you attempt to solve the 150 different puzzles!

PREVIOUS

I have been working on a new game and I have finally managed to bring it to a stage where there is something worth sharing. Starting this thread to showcase the progress. Below is the progress made so far, starting from the bare prototype with just 2D boxes to finally a bit more mature and better looking UI.

The game is puzzle game where you have to 'flip' all the pieces on the board to the same color as that of the 'main' piece. This is my simplified take on 'diplomacy' where you have to bring everyone on the same page and every move you make, could turn some against you as well as turn some in your favour.
    Simple touch controls - swipe to move left, right, up or down! More details coming soon!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Managed to get stuff moving about in the game :)

Adding a sample gif here ....

[​IMG]

3. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Happy New Year!

This year's last post to wish everyone from the TA community a very very very Happy New Year! Cheers to the new dreams, new hopes, new experiences and new joys of the new year! Hope all your wishes come true in the coming year. Happy New Year 2018!

And adding a last gif of 2017. Been working on some new elements like disappearing tiles and portals!

[​IMG]

4. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Its 2018!

Hope the new year is treating everyone well!

The title of the thread is a WIP name of the game that I came up with. It was pointed out to me in another forum, that it was decent one but 'Fliplomacy' is a better option to correctly build upon the pun (on Diplomacy). If I am unable to come with anything better, I might just
    keep that option!:cool::cool::cool:

Anyways, back in the new year with another gif! Working on some new tiles, some colors, some UI display as well.

[​IMG]

5. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    #ScreenshotSaturday :)

Posting some progress screenshots after quite a while :) :)

Been working on creating the puzzle levels, experimenting with colors, code cleanup, polishing etc ... just the usual gamedev stuff. :D :D :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Working on improving the look of the game. Ended up creating different themes for it. A "Diplomatic" style theme to suit the name of the game, a chess based look, a kind of pyramid-ish theme, and used my placeholder models to create a board games based theme...

Now to decide what to do with them :D :D :D :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Ready for iOS TestFlight Beta!

So settled on 'Fliplomacy' as the final title of the game! Reflects well on the theme and also have a decent look to match it.

The game is now on TestFlight. If you are interested in trying it out and providing some feedback, then please provide the details on this thread. Or you could message me privately as well.
    You can register by providing me the details through this form as well : TestFlight Registration Link
    Or you could tweet or DM me on Twitter as well!

A short and quick description of the game :

There is a state of crisis on our board. Many have changed sides.

As the ace Diplomat, it is your job to restore the order. Every step that you take, can win you friends and turn some against you. You have to work on bringing uniformity to the board. Are you up for the challenge?

Strategise and chart a path across the board; moving, jumping and flipping stuff as you attempt to solve the 150 different puzzles!

8. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    So I have been busy finishing off the last bits of the game. Also working on adding leaderboards. Been working on a Android build as well and happy to say that it is coming along nicely as well. Also worked on filling up the AppStore details.

If everything goes well, the game should see a release on March 28, 2018.

The game is still on iOS TestFlight Beta. If you want to help out and provide some feedback, just send me the email id via the Registration Form or reply to the thread or just PM me!

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. katastrophic88

katastrophic88 Active Member

Nov 7, 2017
    This looks really cool! Definitely going to check it out once it's released. Good luck on the home stretch and for your upcoming release date!

10. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Many thanks for the encouragement and kind words! Cheers!

11. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Pre-Order!

Hello TA Community!

So "Fliplomacy" 1.0 build got approved by Apple!
    The AppStore page is up and running. So I decided to make the game available for Pre-Order!

I know it is the GDC week and there is lots to check out, but if you get time, then do check out the store page and maybe hit the Pre-Order button! Game releasing on - 28th March!

App Store Link - https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1354991735

Please visit the website for the Presskit!

The TestFlight build is still up and should be working so if you want to check out the game via that route then feel free to contact me and send me the details!

Promo Codes can be generated as well!

Always happy to receive mails :D:D ! I can be reached at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks!

12. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer