★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is the CashQuizz game a scam?

12-16-2017, 11:11 PM
Is the CashQuizz game a scam?

Hello,

I have been playing various trivia games for over a year now and particularly enjoy them. I especially enjoy ad supported trivia games that have the possibility of winning various gift cards. My enjoyment mainly comes from the fact that I win every so often.

For a little while, I was into playing CashQuizz and have won multiple gift cards. Its been a few weeks and I haven't received any of the cards yet. After a few complaint emails I received the following email...

---------------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS!
The CashQuizz team congratulates you on your win of 50$ Amazon!
To be fully compatible with the austrian competition law, we are obligated to keep the following personal data of all winners:

1. Your first name & last name

2. Your address (including country)

3. Your date of birth

To ensure the authenticity of this information, please send us a photo of your passport or ID (front and back). Unfortunately, no other documents can be considered. Personal data will never be passed on to third parties.

For a faster processing of the transaction, please name the photo as follows:

50$AMA FIRST NAME LAST NAME. (e.g. 50 AMA Max Mustermann)

For 2 photos (with ID) 50$AMA FIRST NAME LAST NAME Part1, 50$AMA FIRST NAME LAST NAME Part2.
If this designation is not taken into account, there may be a longer waiting period.

Your prize will be transferred to your account within the next days after receipt of your data.

Your CashQuizz team

---------------------------------------

So... I have no gift cards, and after complaining they need a copy of my passport or photo ID. Is this a scam? Where can I complain about this?

Thanks.
12-17-2017, 03:54 AM
Obviously Apple. See what they say
12-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Seems legit to me. Asking for proof of ID is to make sure you are of valid age. Since there are various laws in each country.

Thus maybe do as they suggest.