Game not showing up in Hot Games

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Esqarrouth, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Esqarrouth

Esqarrouth Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
  2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The intent of the hot games algorithm is to show new cool games on the front page side bar (and previously, in the app). It takes into account people adding it to their wish list, community activity on the front page and forums, AppShopper activity, the release date, and other stuff. Over time, these variables are weighted differently, and the older the game is the more the other values need to increase to maintain "hotness."

3. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    This is more or less what I suspected for a while. But if it is, it is not functioning anymore. I think there might be a bug.

Heres proof: This game http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=288956 (Just picked randomly)

RELEASE DATE Mar 20, 2016
    4 Comments (Last one 1 year ago)
    Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
    No AppShopper activity for 1.5 years.

Is the 26th hottest game on page 2.

There are like 26 games coming out every month, so this is just silly.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I guess you can email [email protected] if you want but it looks like it's working to me. It's not abnormal for weird puzzle games to get featured in some YouTube video or something and suddenly see a spike of interest out of the blue.

5. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    #5 Esqarrouth, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. It seems that page is being updated at the moment. Page numbers just disappeared.

Btw, have you played Dawn of Crafting yet? Would like to see a TA review on it. Could send a code if needed.

Its one of the few games that has star 4.9 rating.