★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Experience Arena of Valor, an epic new 5v5 multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) designed by Tencent Games!

Call on your teammates to join you in the jungle! Crush your enemies in classic 5v5 combat in real time! Draw first blood, carry your team, and become legendary in the arena!

Features:

- Classic 5v5 MOBA, Perfected for Mobile -
Traverse a classic three-lane arena filled with nooks and crannies between towers. Watch out for enemies lurking in the brush and uncover secrets that wait in the jungle. Intuitive controls specifically designed for mobile will have you racking up kills with ease and make you an MVP in no time!

- Growing Number of Legendary Heroes -
Explore and command a roster of over 40 fearless heroes and counting, including a variety of Tanks, Assassins, Mages, Support, Warriors, and Marksmen. Build the perfect team to crush your opponents in battle!

- The Ultimate MOBA Experience -
First Blood, Double Kill, Triple Kill all the features that you know and love right at your fingertips. Discover and dominate all the gameplay modes, including 5v5, 3v3, 1v1, and a unique Hook Wars mode that will challenge your skills and make you a true champion!

- Fast Matchmaking & 10-Minute Matches -
Team up with players all around the world in an instant. Carve your way through jungles, lanes, and towers, draw first blood and destroy the enemy Core. Carry your team to victory in less than 10 minutes!

- Join Your Friends in Fierce Team Battles -
Enjoy fast-paced combat and forge alliances with players around the world. Interact with friends and guild buddies every day using real-time voice chat. Share the load, work together, and fight strategically. Team up with your friends in Tourney Mode and soon youll be able to create your own league. Arena of Valor is the new eSport for your mobile devices.

- Got What It Takes? Free to Play Forever -
In Arena of Valor, its all about skill. We strive to create the most riveting and balanced gameplay, so you can turn the tide of battle and vie for glory no matter the odds. Win or lose, every action counts!

Contact Us:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArenaofValor
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgYkGvtBuY4onYm2Eh61zwQ
Twitter: https://twitter.com/arenaofvalor
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/arenaofvalor/
12-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Been playing this on the asian server (through Garena) and it's pretty good.

The only downside is that most games are won by complete stomps, or a loss by a total beating. Match making is pretty bad, but i dont know how that can be remedied.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

12-19-2017, 09:05 AM
By the way, Batman is pretty overpowered in the early game, but loses shine in late game teamfights.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-19-2017, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Been playing this on the asian server (through Garena) and it's pretty good.

The only downside is that most games are won by complete stomps, or a loss by a total beating. Match making is pretty bad, but i dont know how that can be remedied.
The TenCent version in Europe is different. Matchmaking has been pretty consistent. I've been playing on the EU servers for a while now and the only complete stomps are the very early matches of the ranked games before you level up.
Then it evens out. Usually a pretty good back and forth. In non ranked it's a dice roll who your teammates are, they can be completely new to the game.

Best is to get a good roster of friends you play well with and use the built in voice-chat to communicate.
12-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Matchmaking typically needs everyone to play a few games so it can figure out your MMR and other stuff. With only a few data points this morning it's going to be super inconsistent.
12-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Did AOV just come out in NA? It's been out for a while in Asia through Garena servers, and there are streams available of players that have been playing for a while outside of asia, and even has characters that havent been added into the asia server yet.

12-19-2017, 09:28 PM
You can not be anything less than top tier to be world's #1 grossing game on any platform. There are so many little things about this game that makes it a joy to play, very high polish, ton of little control simplification/optimizations, my moves come out exactly the way I expect them to come out and yes, as someone who never made it out of silver league in LOL, playing my favorite scrub friendly character Garon (ahem, Arthur) is a blast!

In these days it is extremely difficult for any game to dominate sales charts outside of their home territory. See Monster Strike, Puzzles and Dragons, Lineage 2 Revolution US/European numbers. Or Candy Crush / Clash of Clans numbers in China / Japan.

When Tencent's marketing campaign kicks in I hope this is a consistently top 50 grossing title in US / Europe, as long as it dethrones Mobile Legend Bang Bang and hold the #1 most popular / top grossing mobile MOBA in US/Europe I will be very happy.
12-19-2017, 10:45 PM
Best Traditional Moba out. Only Vainglory 5v5 will pull me away from it. Just wish my connection wasn't so bad everywhere.
12-20-2017, 01:54 AM
Just tried it and it's pretty fun! I'm having more fun with it than Vainglory as the stick allows easier control. I think the only thing I'm confused about is attacking. I sometimes am confused how to control who I attack. I've been swapping controls in the settings but it's still strange to me.

In any case I might keep at it for a bit, I'm okay at these as I'm more of a casual player but if it starts getting too hard I'll probably give up like Vainglory. Vainglory is great but it just got really really difficult that I felt a casual player couldn't have much fun.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Hero Emblems
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag NA / Fate Grand Order JPN / Arena of Valor NA: Altria
12-20-2017, 07:01 AM
Guild?

It says there is an existing guild named TouchArcade (so it won't allow one to be created) yet I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Okay now it's showing. I applied (Div1ded).

Last edited by houseofg; 12-20-2017 at 08:42 AM.