★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Poll: How many games do you buy a week?

View Poll Results: How many games do you buy a week?
More than 5: I can't stop buying them!! 12 21.82%
3 or 4: I like to pick one here and there when I see them 7 12.73%
1 or 2: I like games but there's no rush 17 30.91%
1 every two weeks: I wait for a decent one 12 21.82%
1 a month: I wait for the best and get only those 6 10.91%
none: I just like looking at them 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll
11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Poll: How many games do you buy a week?

Some of you might remember: I started a poll on how much you'd comfortably pay for a game. I found the results and people's opinions pretty dang interesting. I had no idea I was such a cheapo thinking $6 was near the cap of game prices. So now it brought about another question I hoped some of you might answer so I can see where I lie on the spectrum: how many games do you buy a week?

Thanks if you decide to vote, I swear this will be the last poll I start in a while. I just thought this question kinda went along with the other.

Personally, I scour TouchArcade almost every day looking for new games and if they're .99 and interesting, I almost always buy them. I've amassed about 30+ games and haven't really finished any of them, for obvious reasons.

Maybe that's why I don't pay more than 2.99 for a game very easily: I have so many games already that I like but haven't had time to finish any of them yet.

Or I'm just a cheapo.

Thanks if you vote. Cheers!
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
It depends on what games come out that week

Games I'm playing pinball arcade, pocket planes , mw3

Gamecenter Id is cesctheman
Feel free to add

11-01-2009, 04:42 PM
You should have put in options for more than five per week... I'm probably at 10-15 per week lately

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
11-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
You should have put in options for more than five per week... I'm probably at 10-15 per week lately
Same here. I get like a few a day!
11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I've gotten kinda tired of the platform as of late, so I'm taking a break and went down to like 1 per week.
11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
It varies too much week to week to really give a number.
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochu View Post
Personally, I scour TouchArcade almost every day looking for new games and if they're .99 and interesting, I almost always buy them. I've amassed about 30+ games and haven't really finished any of them, for obvious reasons.

Maybe that's why I don't pay more than 2.99 for a game very easily: I have so many games already that I like but haven't had time to finish any of them yet.
ditto, although i use an rss feed from appshopper to find new games, i use toucharcade to find out info out ABOUT the games.

i have all 11 pages on my itouch full, maybe that's a good thing, as it'll keep me from buying any new games for a while, until i finish some of the others i mean.

its hard to turn down a good game when its 0.99 in price, or when it goes on sale for 0.99 (bloons TD/etc).

quite easy to turn down a good game when its more than 0.99 though, especially if i can use the 'no room for more icons excuse'.

hope apple changes that for the newer models sooner than later.
11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I've had my iPod touch 2g for almost a year now, and it's overflowing with apps now... I usually buy premium games (mostly from gameloft) I like, but I buy games that go on sale and $.99 games too.
11-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
ditto, although i use an rss feed from appshopper to find new games, i use toucharcade to find out info out ABOUT the games.

i have all 11 pages on my itouch full, maybe that's a good thing, as it'll keep me from buying any new games for a while, until i finish some of the others i mean.

its hard to turn down a good game when its 0.99 in price, or when it goes on sale for 0.99 (bloons TD/etc).

quite easy to turn down a good game when its more than 0.99 though, especially if i can use the 'no room for more icons excuse'.

You can still buy new games for your itouch even though all of your 11 pages are filled. Once all of your pages are filled and you buy a new game, it will go to the 'twilight zone'. Even though you won't actually see its icon, you can access your 'invisible' games via spotlight search. Thats what i do since all of my pages are filled. Just keep a note with all of your hidden apps.
11-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post

Jail break your iphone and use categories. Gets around that problem of hidden pages. I love my jail broken iphone even more than I loved my iphone before.

You can have categories for different games categories.