★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fly your plane and avoid the incoming missiles for as long as you can!

- Use your fingers to control the plane with on-screen joystick
- Collects coins and use them in the Shop to buy new planes & upgrades
- Collect Power-ups like Shield, Boost, Ammo and Shock-Wave
- Deploy Flares to destroy the missiles
- New unique environments with each plane
- 3 types of game modes - Career, Survival and Time Attack
- 40 levels with unique objectives to complete in Career Mode
- Invite your friends and compete with them on the Game Center leaderboard
- Supporting Russian, Korean, Chinese and Japanese languages.

Download the game if you choose to accept this challenge of Man Vs. Missiles!

Promo Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAk7ztFxF4o

Please rate the game if you like it it, and feel free to send us your feedback to info@spiel-s.com.
12-22-2017, 03:18 PM
Hi,

I love the game except for one issue which can be dealt with. I paid for no ads right away and I'm still getting banner ads all over the app. I don't even want to play.

If the above issue is fixed I'd love a coin doubler as well. It's a fun game.

Billy

12-22-2017, 09:48 PM
I too am having the problem of paying for no ads yet still getting them, as it's early release I'm guessing(hoping) it will be fixed as the devs learn of it
12-23-2017, 12:08 AM
Really good game with amazing and minimalistic graphics, however i would prefer more add ons to extend gameplay.
12-23-2017, 05:36 AM
Hello! We are the developers for MvM and would love to get your feedback.

@Billy I saw your review on the Appstore too, but unfortunately we will not be able to update the game till iTunes re-open. Be rest assured this will be the first thing that is fixed! We are working on a couple of new power-ups and coin double is one of them!

In the new update we will also be adding 2 new planes.

Thanks!

Spiel Studios
Download Man Vs. Missiles from the Appstore - http://bit.ly/ManVsMissiles!
Twitter: @spiel
12-24-2017, 06:24 AM
Ok let me change my review quick. I actually forgot about the AppStore closing.

Changing it now.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiel View Post

@Billy I saw your review on the Appstore too, but unfortunately we will not be able to update the game till iTunes re-open. Be rest assured this will be the first thing that is fixed! We are working on a couple of new power-ups and coin double is one of them!

Thanks!
12-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Ok,

I changed my AppStore review to an interim review until the game gets repaired. I gave the game a really good amount of play time, about 2 hours worth, and I've made it to level 11. I made the following purchases to support development:

No Ads for $.99
1,500 Coins for $2.99

I had planned to purchase every single fighter and for now I was going to buy the best one but even purchasing the coins you cannot buy any of the fighters. They remain locked and nothing says this. Usually in a free game you can buy stuff. I sat there with all of those coins and absolutely nothing to spend them on. As a matter of fact I still have 1,347 coins. I have the spitfire fighter. You have very little you spend the coins on. You should have put in the store that the fighters absolutely cannot be purchased. I could have saved the money. I actually WANT to spend money in the game but you've made it impossible to do so. I'd also spend real money to purchase each fighter if that was an option and more things to spend our coins on, not just flares. Perhaps you can add an upgrade system for each fighter?? I have upgraded the power ups but even without a coin doubler I have a lot of coins.

Are there any other backgrounds or environments? I've only seen the one so far. I was hoping buying the next plane up would change things but it didn't happen.

Also in trying to help narrow down the ad issue, the game continuously forgets that I purchased no ads. If I tap restore it re activates, but right after playing the game forgets again. There are banner ads and everything.

Well there's my feedback. While I like the game and it reminds me of Time pilot, the issues I've outlined need to be addressed. I WANT to spend money in the game, more than I have, but the game needs the ability for me to have a reason for me to spend it. I was really disappointed when I went to purchase the fighters and I couldn't. I really would have spent the money and bought them all.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiel View Post

Thanks!

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 12-24-2017 at 04:01 PM.
12-25-2017, 12:39 AM
Hello Billy,

Thanks for your feedback and your purchases! It definitely helps us support the development and our endeavour to continuously improve the game on a daily basis.

1. Regarding No Ads, there is an issue which will get resolved in our next update which can only be submitted on 27th as iTunes is closed for holidays.

2. With relation to Shop, we could have kept all planes and power-up upgrades unlocked and allowed the player to buy all from the start. But we wanted the player to reach a particular level and then permit him to buy that new plane. This way we are hoping that the player is incentivised to play more and climb up in the game in order to unlock that new plane. But even giving that option where the player can pay more coins to unlock a new plane without reaching the level is a good suggestion which we could try.
Currently, in the Shop you can see:
Spit Fire - Unlocks at Level 6
Bell X - Unlocks at Level 12
Falcon - Unlocks at Level 18
Turbo Jet - Unlocks at Level 24

We have not added any environments as yet, but may take it up after we have ironed out the teething issues.

Thanks!
Mohit
CEO, Spiel

Spiel Studios
12-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Hey, Mohit

Congratulations on your game release, even if it was early by accident.

The game is super fun. Avoiding missiles is very satisfying.

I bought the remove adds and so far I’m not having any issue with ads returning. I am have an issue with the ads you watch for coins. It doesn’t actually give you any coins for watching. I’ve watched about 7 or 8 ads with no reward.

Thanks for listening and for the great game.
12-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Thank - you for the review!

Yes we are aware of the video rewards, and the bug has been taken care off in the new update which we would be submitting on 27th. These are some of the cons of getting it out earlier than anticipated!

Btw, it would be great if you could post a review on the Appstore too

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet View Post
Hey, Mohit

Congratulations on your game release, even if it was early by accident.

The game is super fun. Avoiding missiles is very satisfying.

I bought the remove adds and so far Im not having any issue with ads returning. I am have an issue with the ads you watch for coins. It doesnt actually give you any coins for watching. Ive watched about 7 or 8 ads with no reward.

Thanks for listening and for the great game.

Spiel Studios