★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zenonia or Dungeon Hunter?

View Poll Results: Zenonia or Dungeon Hunter
Zenonia 24 38.10%
Dungeon Hunter 39 61.90%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Zenonia or Dungeon Hunter?

title says all
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
They both good, if you want a long game with a lot of grinding to do go with Zenonia, if you want more action and flash go with Dungeon Hunter. I have both I like Dungeon Hunter a little better but Zenonia is a quality game.

11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Zenonia is a far superior RPG with alot of depth.
11-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I just picked up Zenonia yesterday and have already logged 7 hours into it(got my wisdom teeth pulled, been in bed) and if Dungeon Hunter is better than Zenonia, then I'll have to dish out 7 bucks and pick it up! Will be following this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozelz View Post
Where are the hookers?
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry, but Dungeon Hunter was a DISASTER of MONUMENTAL proportions. I took it as an insult straight to the face. People will tell you to pick that rubbish up solely because it is 3 dimensional graphics, but let me tell you this, not only is the Art direction poor, but the entire gameplay system is flawed- from the limited environments to the terrible combat and incessant grinding. ( Zenonia had a much more organized and deeper perk/ level up system, that actually compelled you to grind).

So the bottom line is, that Dungeon Hunter is an overrated slop of a release that doesn't deserve such a price tag for such a mediocre package.

Twitter: BadKarma__
Games waiting for: A game that doesn't suck.

Last edited by Pug4Death; 11-01-2009 at 08:28 PM.
11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug4Death View Post
I'm sorry, but Dungeon Hunter was a DISASTER of MONUMENTAL proportions. I took it as an insult straight to the face. People will tell you to pick that rubbish up solely because it is 3 dimensional, but let me tell you this, not only is the Art direction poor, but the entire gameplay system is flawed- from the limited environments to the terrible combat and incessant grinding. ( Zenonia had a much more organized and deeper perk/ level up system, that actually compelled you to grind).

So the bottom line is, that Dungeon Hunter is an overrated slop of a release that doesn't deserve such a price tag for such a mediocre package.
yes but Dungeon Hunter is more like Diablo, which really has me leaning towards it. but zenonia has a lot of depth as a hear. so this is why its a tough call.
11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbname View Post
yes but Dungeon Hunter is more like Diablo, which really has me leaning towards it. but zenonia has a lot of depth as a hear. so this is why its a tough call.
I'm probably one of biggest Diablo fans out there, and this was still a very disappointing release that I took as a massive joke on Gameloft's part.

Twitter: BadKarma__
Games waiting for: A game that doesn't suck.
11-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug4Death View Post
terrible combat and incessant grinding.
you say this about Dungeon Hunter?? "incessant grinding" is all Zenonia is. How hypocritical of you.

and even to compare the 2 is futile. they are completely different forms of RPGs.
11-01-2009, 08:49 PM
I prefer Zenonia. Dungeon Hunter isn't really much imho, but it was fun while it lasted.
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM
i actually recommend both

zenonia has about 20 hours gameplay.. more or less.. movement = up/down/left/right
interesting story line.. nice fight effects.. but very simple 2D, zelda, pokemon styled.. still very fun though. there are no achievements and the last boss is rather depressing.. you finish the game.. and it exits to the menu, when you log back in you are in front of the boss-room again... not much replay value rather than finishing the game with all 3 classes. more grinding in this one. it is great that you can choose the path of evil or good.. interesting concept, bosses and quests reflect your choice.

dungeon hunter is the best diablo clone to date.. you will love the graphics and p-pad multi-directional movement. also about 20 hours gameplay to finish with all 3 different characters.. about 4-6 hours each.. and achievements will make the game have abit of replay value.

in my opinion get both.. start with DH so you can have a short and sweet RPG experience.. then proceed onto zenonia for a more indepth RPG..

or if you want to be exposed the crappy graphics to begin with, get zenonia first. DH can be like your refreshing dessert after the large grind of zenonia.