★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Eliminate Pro Feature Requests

11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Eliminate Pro Feature Requests

lets hit this one up with feature requests but try to keep them focused on small enhancements, innovative additions or minor technical changes that will either improve an aspect of the game, add value to the product, and/or optimize the overall gameplay experience

remember even though Eliminate is free it is very much a product and as with any product it needs to have a profitable business model honestly i think Ngmoco has chops for going this route and I respect them for that but don't argue about monetization and/or suggest changes to the monetization model unless you have analytics with references to back up your suggestion, claim, and/or complaint aiiiight.......

lets keep the marketing bs to the marketing bs'ers and focus our free-time and enthusiasm on helping Ngmoco make this great game an awesome epic 800 pound gorilla game that the platform is just screaming for

P.S if your a marketing bs'er with analytics and references dont hesitate to speak up im very much interested in what you have to say just make sure to come correct with some data w/ references aiiiiight
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM
i guess i will start it off..................

1) pre match lobby?

-so you can see who your going up against
-be able to text chat
-be able to add friends
-veto maps
-veto game modes (down the road)
-would rather jump into a lobby instead of a game in progress
-but would it add value to the experience cuz right now its pretty much instant gratification unless your out of energy then its almost instant gratification
-the question is does Eliminate need a pre-match lobby?

2) more in depth post match results

-i want to see a k/o spread
-who killed me the most?
-who i killed the most?
-be able to friend the players i just matched with
-have a X amount of secs countdown where players could vote for instant rematch

3) game modes

My thoughts: I really dont think Eliminate should stray away from deathmatch

-local p2p via bluetooth?
-local wifi?
-teamdeatch match
-death match variants (one shoot one kill, low grav, speed demons, ect)
-tournaments (more details below)

Tournaments: the tournaments im talking about are specifically skill vs skill matches same as the standard matches but maybe with a few choices of loadouts (armor/weapons) when you first start the game or every time you spawn and in interest to not disturb the business model you can create badges at different price points buy a badge and you now have unlimited access to tournaments that badge gives you access to and of course the badges at higher price points the tournaments are not just skill vs skill matches they really would be like roundrobin playoffs with prizes for the winner and runner up

3 levels of tournaments

lv 1 -- bronze or whatever: this is your basic skill vs skill match (99cents badge)

lv 2 -- silver or whatever: this is your user generated tournaments to facilitate clan wars (higher price point badge)

lv 3 -- gold or whatever: this is your round robin (sponsored by pepsi) playoff tournaments with prizes and whatnot (highest price point badge)

* the badges are not meant as a alternative to the energy and cells business model but as a additional business model so the tournaments don't cannibalize the energy/cell model since they are skill vs skill and energy levels wouldn't apply here a la something to do when you run out of energy

4) Clan Wars

My Thoughts: its always a good idea to have some social layer or group/community elements in a game which imo adds astronomical value to the gameplay experience and for clan wars here is what im thinking......

-would need an overhaul on plus+ network to facilitate user generated groups & events a la facebook style but that functionality would need to be completely provided on the plus+ network

-and of course it would need voice chat for the private matches and theres a text chat in the private match lobby to help with communication as well for group members to train with each other

-last but not least you would have to leverage the lv 2 tournament mode i was talking about above and be able to have a platform that allows users to create and set up level 2 tournaments which will of course upsell the level 2 badges in the process

Last edited by cubytes; 11-01-2009 at 09:00 PM.

11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Clans with tourneys ctf team dm king of the hill all ez stuff Chat rooms
11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
i have some ideas/problems with the bots:

1. theyre stupid, they jump around, dont do much and easily get killed between that barrier thing and the wall (dont remember the location name), alos when youre invisible they NEVER SEE YOU

2. its not fair that you cant use your own weapons/armor, what if you wanna practise with something you just got?

3. they have these giant-ass weapons, like id be here with my little assault rifle and another one would vaporize me or blow me to bits with rockets

4. there should be different modes like:

Free-For-All:The one you currently have

Time Attack:See how many bots you can kill in a certain amount of time

Time Trial:You have a set number of bots you have to kill in a certain amount of time

as for a main game mode:

Capture The Flag: Infiltrate your enemies base, steal their flag and try to sneak it back to your base

Training ideas

Tarhget practice:targets pop up and you have to shoot them ASAP

just some ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
more game modes: i think some game modes would be good, like capture the flag. maybe for DLC add-ons?

play offline with your own weapons/armor: i wanna be able to play offline with my armor and weapons instead of being forced to play with standard stuff.

sell weapons/armor/items: i just want this because i got the gravity gun thing and it sucked

and cubytes, i thought there already was a game lobby...

Playing: Chopper 2, Pocket God, Minigore, Battle Bears-1, Doodle Jump, Tilt to Live, SuperMega Worm
Plus+: J3553 | Feint: J3553H | Crystal: J3553 | Gameloft Live: J3553
11-01-2009, 09:27 PM
@spidey146 i agree the bots are stupid and at first it was kinda refreshing when going from getting straight up own'd online to bots where i straight up own'd them but after a while it got pointless so i def think the offline practice mode needs some work and your feedback is def in line with what i was thinking you got some good ideas thx spidey146

disagree with CTF and stuff which i personally feel the maps are way too small to accommodate

@5jusername nah afaik there is no "pre game" lobby its just a countdown and instant action and if you have no energy that countdown is sometimes 15 to 30 secs long and a lot of the times you enter games that are in progress

i agree with selling stuff def a good idea

but im against other game modes i think Eliminate should stick with deathmatch variants (for now) until a DLC map pack comes with bigger maps and/or maps specifically designed for those game modes

Last edited by cubytes; 11-01-2009 at 09:29 PM.
11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubytes View Post
@spidey146 i agree the bots are stupid and at first it was kinda refreshing when going from getting straight up own'd online to bots where i straight up own'd them but after a while it got pointless so i def think the offline practice mode needs some work and your feedback is def in line with what i was thinking you got some good ideas thx spidey146

disagree with CTF and stuff which i personally feel the maps are way too small to accommodate

@5jusername nah afaik there is no "pre game" lobby its just a countdown and instant action and if you have no energy that countdown is sometimes 15 to 30 secs long and a lot of the times you enter games that are in progress

i agree with selling stuff def a good idea

but im against other game modes i think Eliminate should stick with deathmatch variants (for now) until a DLC map pack comes with bigger maps and/or maps specifically designed for those game modes

ya i was about to mention that until i read the last line

but in friend matches theres a lobby where u can chat, invite people, add friends, see whos online etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
wow a lot of you are requesting alternate game modes straight up.......

let me redact my previous comment about Eliminate should stick with only deathmatch and/or deathmatch variants for a sec cuz its always a good philosophy to give the ppl what they want

lets discuss game modes in more detail try to think of an innovative "new" kind of game mode that would align perfectly with the fiction/atmosphere of eliminate and would work well on small maps....

any thoughts?

@spidey yea i played a couple friend matches there is a pre game lobby for those and you can text chat which is awesome, do you think that should extend to the world matches or should it remain "instant gratification" ish?

good feedback so far guys keep it up
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
i have played halo3 but i haven't played COD:MWF (lame i know) or MAG im thinking about picking up the sequel tho i dont have a ps3 yet so MAG is out of the question but anyways has anyone played COD:MWF and/or MAG extensively? can you extrapolate some elements of that experience and apply it to eliminate?

cuz it always helps to steal ideas from other games or rather build on top of them
11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Hey guys-

Thanks for thinking about what you want to see in Eliminate. I'll certainly relay things to the team.

We do want to add things like alternate game modes to Eliminate. However, we first need deathmatch to be a success -- remember what it was like getting ranked against a lvl 10 when you were a lvl 1? That's what will happen if we split the player base too early. And that's why we shipped with only 1 game mode.

And building these things is expensive, so it also will depend on whether you guys ultimately end up buying energy.

Keep the ideas coming

--MJ