I just joined Patreon for Touch Arcade!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by LordShad0wz, Jan 5, 2018.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I’ve waited almost 3 years to get in front of a disability judge in order to get my benefits and pension. The judge was a good man, heard me out and saw me, and put fully favorable. Things are finally happening for me.

So finally I have the resources to give a little back to the place I visit and take part in every single day. Without this place I would have missed out on so many games as well as information about games, content, and Apple itself.

I’ve always wanted to do the Patreon thing but I just couldn’t. It’s not much but it’s something. I really love this place and want to help keep it going. It wouldn’t take the money out immediately. For some reason it said it will take it out next month. But next month I’ll be a bronze member.

Billy

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Congratulations that things finally worked out for you, great to hear that! Celebrations are in order, yes? :D

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome aboard!

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    While I’m pretty broken, It’s definitely a congratulations. I got my first surgery in June which didn’t go well and I still have others to go. When the judge looked at my case and saw I’ve worked overtime, in high paying, carreer jobs, and then I got hurt at work, he was really kind to me. I went from taking care of violent psychiatric patients to barely walking with a cane in one incident. What hurt the most was they denied me and I refused to go on welfare and had to wait since January 2015 to just get in front of the judge. People who really need the disability and their pension they put money into for 20 years and need cant get it. But now that’s over and I can pay all my old bills off and take care of myself and be a man once again. Luckily this all happened after my daughter was done with college. I put her through college and that wasn’t cheap lol

But I use iOS gaming to take my mind off of the chronic pain I have. This site has been absolutely instrumental in that. That’s why I visit this site everyday. I learn about new games that you would never see on the AppStore. It’s good to finally give back a little bit.

Billy