★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Eliminate is disappointing

11-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Eliminate Disappointment Thread

As you guys all know, the game that a lot of us have been waiting for, Eliminate, was finally released to the public. I, myself, was very excited for this game. But now that I have it, I'm not sure what all the hype was about. To put it bluntly, I don't really care for this game anymore.

What's weird is that I thought I liked it at first but then I later realized that it wasn't all that great. When I first got the game and joined my first online match, I did have fun. The only problem was that the controls were annoying. I used to play a lot of Modern Combat and I got good at that game, and so I thought that I just needed time to warm up. But 6 matches later I felt that I was still having about the same amount of hardship as when I started. And so I went back to Modern Combat after putting it down for all this time, and man was I surprised. Modern Combat was better in every way. The game felt smoother, the graphics looked better, and most importantly the controls were 10 times better. After playing Modern Combat again, I almost don't even want to play Eliminate anymore. What do you guys think? Anyone on the same boat as me?

Oh, and I just looked it up, Gameloft is still going to release their multiplayer update for Modern Combat.
Click this if your a non believer. It was posted less than 2 weeks ago. http://twitter.com/gameloft/status/5093742460

Last edited by 20happyballs; 11-03-2009 at 08:24 AM.
11-02-2009, 05:41 AM
I haven't seen Eliminate yet (this whole get yourself a Canadian account thing is insane) but there is no way, even if it looked and played like the best console FPS ever, that it could ever come close to living up to the hype generated on TA.

I'm predicating that we will be seeing a lot of people complaining about the gameplay and even more complaining about the payment system. These people will be outnumbered by those who leap to it's defense to explain why the complainer didn't get it.

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-

11-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Yes, OP, i agree with you that MC Sandstorm is a better looking, better playing game, thanks to the floating V.Joystick but you have to understand that eliminate is a multiplayer game, thus more frantic than Sandstorm.

The Eliminate game is OK, i just hate the ngmoco worshipping that goes on, on there forums.
11-02-2009, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennX View Post
I haven't seen Eliminate yet (this whole get yourself a Canadian account thing is insane) but there is no way, even if it looked and played like the best console FPS ever, that it could ever come close to living up to the hype generated on TA.

I'm predicating that we will be seeing a lot of people complaining about the gameplay and even more complaining about the payment system. These people will be outnumbered by those who leap to it's defense to explain why the complainer didn't get it.
Yeah, I definitely got all into the hype for this game. I guess its the hype that probably ruined this game for me. I mean, it by no mean sucks. It's just that I was expecting this game to blow everything else out of the water. My expectations were too high.
11-02-2009, 06:08 AM
my hype for Elim has gone down, but i still love it. tho i did get frustrated sometimes..it still is fun, and once u get used to the controls u dont even think bout what ur fingers are doing anymore, u just focus on killing
11-02-2009, 06:14 AM
'Oh, and I just looked it up, Gameloft is still going to release their multiplayer update for Modern Combat.'

....yeah right! Stop telling jokes
11-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20happyballs View Post
Yeah, I definitely got all into the hype for this game. I guess its the hype that probably ruined this game for me. I mean, it by no mean sucks. It's just that I was expecting this game to blow everything else out of the water. My expectations were too high.
It blew everything out of the water for me, except, maybe, Modern Combat
11-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
my hype for Elim has gone down, but i still love it. tho i did get frustrated sometimes..it still is fun, and once u get used to the controls u dont even think bout what ur fingers are doing anymore, u just focus on killing
I agree with you derek. Wen I first picked up this game, it was so hard for me to get used to the game. After the first day or so, I'm just out there shootin people and having a great time doing it. But, I guess it's all about personal preference. Some people will like the game and on the other hand, others will not...

All networks-xSouRx
11-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennX View Post

..so kinda like what you're doing now? Oh, but you haven't played yet?fool . I'm no worshipper nor do I think it's near perfect. Play it, then have whine.
11-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex_me View Post
'Oh, and I just looked it up, Gameloft is still going to release their multiplayer update for Modern Combat.'

....yeah right! Stop telling jokes
Well, why don't you check out this twitter post from Gameloft. It's less than 2 weeks old.

http://twitter.com/gameloft/status/5093742460