★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pixelot - new RPG for Android

01-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Pixelot - new RPG for Android

About
Pixelot is a classic RPG coming to Desktop, Android, and iOS, that hopes to combine the best parts of classic role-playing games.
In Pixelot you will create a custom hero and gather allies to defend against the darkness that has swept over the land of Pixelot. The game will feature numerous recruitable characters, playable classes, items, monsters, and dungeons alike. Promising an engaging story line, laughable dialogue, and a classic yet simple design, Pixelot hopes to be a game that is easy to pick up and hard to put down. The mission in Pixelot is to earn the 6 elemental shards in order to open the way to an ancient cavern which holds the power to repel the darkness that has crept over all of Pixelot. The game will feature 6 major regions, 3 major cities, and a slew of dungeons, towns, items, monsters and more!

More

Twitter: https://twitter.com/IceBERGer3
Tumblr: https://iceberger3.tumblr.com
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pixelot/

Check out my game Toast! Google Play - iTunes
01-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, I responded to a comment over on the iOS thread and wanted you to be filled in on some of the updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbagga84 View Post
This sounds like a fun game something Iíd play as long as 1 the game is all interconnected with walking around and exploring like classic final fantasy or other jrpgs. Please donít do this world map with the dots for each area and you just click em to enter. I looooooveee being able to explore and find hidden treasures and stuff.
You can definitely run around like a traditional rpg. Final fantasy is a big inspiration for the game! You can even walk around to find wild monsters!

Quote:
I looooooveee being able to explore and find hidden treasures and stuff.

Quote:
Also the picture of the battle is so short I canít tell much about in battle effects. But it would be cool if magic and special attacks had some kind of effects I just noticed in the pic there werenít any real effects for regular atks so I dunno what the plan is for it just throwin 2 cents in. Iíll definitely keep my eye on this one .
There are tons of special abilities. You can protect someone to make them not take any damage. You can burn, stun, poison, and even haunt enemies. You can raise your player's stats, and of course heal too! Heres a demo of one of the battles!

Youtube link | Pop Up

01-17-2018, 11:04 AM
Players can pick up items, equip them, and have the itemís stats be added to their characterís stats! I have also added chests to the overworld that contain powerful equipment! This will be primary way to pick up relic items!

You can click on any item slot in the unit page, and you will be presented with a list of equippable items. Just click on the item you want and it will be equipped! Players have 5 different equipment slots to put gear into: helm, cloak, armor, relic, and weapon! Helms and armor fall into three categories: heavy, medium, and light. Each class can only equip heavy, medium, or light armor. Heavy armor has a high defense rating, and low (if any) resistance. Similarly, light armor has low defense and high resistance. Medium armor has a relatively even amount of defense and resistance, favoring defense at higher levels. To remind you, defense reduces the damage taken by normal attacks, while resistance lowers the damage taken by elemental attacks. Similar to armor and helms, each class can only equip a few types of weapons. Whether they are swords, axes, maces, staves, bows or even spears.

Players will be able to really customize their characters by their characters based on which cloaks and relics they select. Cloaks can have any type of stat on them and do not necessarily have defense or resistance on them! Relics usually do not have stats, but rather effects! These effects could be extra critical strike, extra damage, piercing to ignore a portion of enemy defense or resistance, the ability to self revive in combat, resistance to certain elements, and much much more! The possibilities are endless and I want the players to enjoy the experience of discovering them! Iíve also added an inventory screen so you can view all the items you have and even filter by the type of item!

Players can buy and sell items from the blacksmith shop as well! This is helpful for getting some basic starter gear as well as selling some old gear for more potions! Iíll look to add in some more fun gear later on!

You can also buy potions from the alchemist shop! You just walk over and click yes or no! (You canít buy it if you donít have enough gold) these potions are now fully functional in combat also!

02-21-2018, 11:07 AM
New Dungeon, Map, and Trial

I havenít posted in a while but I have been quite busy with a whole bunch of new stuff for Pixelot!

Rangerís Trial - Pixelot will feature several trials that you need to complete to progress the story. These trials are very similar to gyms in Pokťmon in which you battle a series of enemies culminating in a final battle with a more powerful enemy. Alike to how gyms in Pokťmon are based on types, trials in Pixelot are based on the class of enemy. In the rangers trial you will climb a tower defeating several rangers before battling against Austin, the head ranger in Luma. After (a really cool boss cutscenes above) defeating Austin, he will warn you that the Silver Mine is very dangerous and will join your army.

South Wood Continued - once you have completed the rangerís trial, you will be able to travel north (the guard blocking the path will be gone). In this new region you will find more powerful bandits, more chests and more wild monsters. These new monsters include mushrooms with powerful elemental attacks. If you travel to the west you will come upon a map that looks identical if you travel north west or south. Traveling back to the east will return you to the South Wood. This new region is a homage to the lost Wood in The Legend of Zelda. Hidden in this wooded region is a powerful weapon ďthe spirit bladeĒ that is of epic quality and has very good stats.

The Silver Mine - once you have cleared out the bandits youíll be able to move north to the first dungeon in the game. This game features quite a few Mine cart puzzles. To solve these puzzles you ride mine carts along tracks on the ground to reach new areas. You can then hit switches to adjust the tracks and open up new areas to explore. Youíll also need to collect keys to unlock doors in the dungeon. Some key events that take place in this dungeon include getting Capitan Garrett to join your party, defeating Xaan the leader of the white skull bandits, and defeating the final boss to get the earth shard.

Other Updates - Iíve done a lot of work with classes, including adding the Lancer (Garrettís) class. Iíve also added 50 different items to the game, some found in chests, others from defeating enemies. Iíve added an element typing system for attacks and monsters. The element system can be split into two parts. First, holy attacks are strong against shadow enemies and vice versa, while holy and shadow attacks are weak against their own type. Next, fire attacks are strong against earth, which are strong against lightning, which trumps water attacks, which in turn are strong against fire. Going backwards in the cycle will result in a weaker attack (i.e. Fire is weak against water). Finally, having more party members will increase the number of monsters you fight making battles more complex but also more rewarding both in fun and in game xp and gold!

I would love to hear what you guys think of the latest development!

I am still finishing up the dungeon, but will most likely release an alpha / demo of the game afterwards!

Today, 08:57 AM
Pixelot - The Adventure Continues!

So if you have gotten a chance to play the Pixelot Beta, then you know the game stops just after you defeat the first boss. No longer! I have been hard at work continuing and fleshing out the story in Pixelot! I have added two more recruitable characters and a brand new map with plenty to explore.

Once you defeat the first dungeon, you are transported to a mythical realm and confronted by Astrum, a powerful wizard that has summoned you to the land of Pixelot, to combat a dark power that is sweeping over the land. After defeating the first boss you come into the possession of the Earth Crystal, one of 6 crystals that will be paramount to stopping this darkness. Not only is the crystal important, but it also gives your characters new passive powers such as reducing damage taken, increasing power and even causing your attacks to heal you. Each class has its own new power! As you progress in the game you will collect new crystals and in turn new powers. You can watch the video here: https://youtu.be/1AIgTyPVSmk

Returning home, you get the opportunity to talk to the village elder, who thanks you for all of your help by giving you some very rare silver ore. He urges you to see the Blacksmith Ryan. Upon doing so, you are able to recruit Ryan to join your team. Ryan boasts incredible offensive powers and a number of defensive to boot. This also allows you to have a full four man team! He also comes equipped with some truly stellar items

In addition to recruiting Ryan you can also leave the town of Luma through its southern gate. This leads you to the brand new area, the ďMortal PassĒ, a valley riddled with treasure, mercenaries, and dangerous enemies. You will have to watch out for bears with great defenses and eagles that rain lightning upon you. A notable new enemy is the ďMimicĒ. If you have ever played Golden Sun, or Dungeons and dragons, then you know that a mimic takes the appearance of a treasure chest, but is actually a boss! This enemy has a powerful attack that puts all of your best abilities on cooldown! You can watch the epic battle and the blacksmith in action here: https://youtu.be/CwA-MsFdFYc

The mercenaries present a terrible problem as you try to navigate the Mortal Pass. There are knights with incredible defense, hammer wielding warriors that will stun your team, and axe wielding madmen that attack your whole team at once. Luckily you can recruit a powerful ally to help you combat them! Chase the Gambler! Chase has a unique play style in that his attacks could change each turn! You really have to roll the dice when playing him and you can really come up big! This is also a big deal because it forces you to pick your four favorite of the five characters you have, giving the player a lot of free will.

All this has been a lot but there is still sooooo much more to come! Iím working on the mercenary hideout now and there will be 4 new hirable characters in there! Yes you heard me, 4! Iím also working on re adding the oracle class to the game as a playable character from the beginning! Stay tuned for more updates because I promise you they are coming!