★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MCM: Mobile Club Manager ($0.99/59p)

11-02-2009, 07:47 AM
MCM: Mobile Club Manager ($0.99/59p)

Now available at the special offer price of £0.59/$0.99 for a limited time only - Hurry!

At last MCM: Mobile Club Manager, the unique massively multiplayer soccer management game has come to the iPhone and iPod Touch!

“I think the concept of MCM is brilliant. It's a different and exciting way to approach the football management genre and I feel it works really well." - Eric (winner of the MCM prize draw)

With MCM: Mobile Club Manager, you have the ability to:

• Train your players by playing the 8 mini training games (Shooting, Passing, Strength, Tackling, Ball Control, Free kicks, Dribbling & Shot Stopping)
• Become the manager of a top flight English team
• Participate in the massively multiplayer MCM League, competing against other human players
• Fully manage your team and tactics in a unique and intuitive way
• Buy and sell players - from REAL people
• Play friendly matches against REAL people
• Receive match updates as Push Alerts (OS 3.0 and above only)

Matches are scheduled over a 38-game season - just like real life - with the aim of your team becoming MCM League Champions.

Apple's Push alert system is used to provide real-time information on the game as it progresses – including goals, substitutions and bookings. So, if the match kicks off at 8.00pm and your team scores at 8.05pm, you’ll know about it straightaway! (subject to WiFi/3G/Edge reception)

As the first massively multiplayer soccer management game on the iPhone and iPod Touch, users can compete against real people - so forget playing against a machine, get MCM and be a true football manager!

MCM: Mobile Club Manager
Out of the stands, into the dugout

11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Great Fun!!!

WoW, a proper Multiplayer football management game where you interactive with real people!!! It's got these fun little training games you play instead of setting a training regime for your players.

Not the finished article but well worth it for $0.99!

11-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Looks suspicious

From the rules:

-No multiple accounts

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Looks suspicious

From the rules:

-No multiple accounts
I can assure you the second post is not mine. I'm sure a moderator will be able to verify the accounts.

Thanks for buying the game iCE kool. Which team did you select?

Also, you said, "not the finished article". What would you like to see in the next update? We take all feedback very seriously.

11-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Very Cool indeed!

Downloaded this game only to be pleasantly surprised - how simple, easy and fun it is to play!

The Freekick Training Game is by far the best out of all the mini-games - I wonder how to unlock the greyed-out ones, Dribbling and Ball Control - anyways, I have enough to keep me busy for now!

I really like the way the Team & Tactics are put together, really makes for a fun experience.

More comments later, need to get back to some Freekick Training!
11-03-2009, 02:12 AM
lol two times with a first post

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
11-03-2009, 03:24 AM
Took the bait - left sour taste

For a dollar I thought I'd try this interesting perspective on football management by using mini games to improve, and play vs online players.

The mini games are mind numbingly boring and uninspired. They could have been great addicting games but they just made me yawn. If you can imagine the most basic J2ME game you can find on Symbian devices and inject that DNA into some nicer graphics, then you're close the the reality.
Now, the graphics are nice on static pics but motion is very slow and definitely looks like it evolved glacially from J2ME.
And some of the mini games are just downright broken. Penalty saves ask you to swipe towards the red dot where shooter will target. No matter how or where I swipe nothing registers. Tackling has you running a Speedball-like player towards oncoming drones but you can't control the virtual joypad AND tackle at same time. Again, harks back to it's Neanderthal roots.

I haven't even tried the online game yet but given that there's only three other players there, I don't have any high hopes that they're still playing. In fact I wish I was sacked from the game. I know it's off my device. Sorry, but it really isn't special in any way at all.
11-03-2009, 04:18 AM
Hi hkiphone,

Thanks for the feedback. We did lots of QA and beta testing on the game and didn't pick up the issue you had with penalty kicks. Just to confirm, you're putting your finger on the 'keeper and swiping him towards the ball?

Also, the training game animations should be running at 25fps.

I'll definitely look into it.

The mini-games themselves are only a small part of the game; it is in essence a massively multiplayer simulation - in real time. For example, on Saturday when your favourite premier league club is playing, you're virtual club will also be playing. A parallel world.

Anyway, sorry you didn't enjoy it, I hope you jump back into the MCM world soon.
11-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by AppBoy View Post
I wonder how to unlock the greyed-out ones, Dribbling and Ball Control
Hi AppBoy, thanks for your comments.

Regarding the point above, playing two friendly matches will unlock Ball Control and completing 10 matches will unlock Dribbling.
11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
quikc update

Just thought I'd post the youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupjFZgx9vw

Also, we've taken on board some of the feedback regarding the training games and will have an update out soon.