★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Traction Games
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: GET THE FULL VERSION FEATURING 5 NEW WAVES - Pro Surfing (Wildcard) FOR ONLY $1.99 ON THE APP STORE NOW!!!!!

(click the ALL APPLICATIONS BY TRACTION GAMES link to the bottom right of this page for link to Pro Surfing (Wildcard) )

* 5 Completely new waves of varying size / power, left and right hand breaks including the secret wave located on the Moon with reduced gravity.

* Full Competition mode, do you have what it takes to be crowned world champion? Compete at multiple events located at breaks all around the world against the elite of the Wildcard Pro surfing tour.

* Better sound / graphics, improved control response and sensitivity for better tricks.

* Choose from multiple surfers with their own unique styles.

* Save game functionality with high score memory and submit.

* Online competition via high score submit for all 5 waves.

THE STORY SO FAR...............

Tomorrow is your big day. You 'Jonny Carver' will compete at your local break for the chance to win the Wildcard to this years Pro Tour with the ultimate aim of becoming WORLD CHAMPION. This is your last chance to practice for the big event so you jump in your cruiser and head down to your secret break for some last minute waves.

You arrive at dusk to find perfect 13 foot right hand barrels peeling across the beach in the beautiful spot locals refer to as Litehouse Reef. With the ever watching eye of the Rocky-point Lighthouse in the background, you paddle out into the break to find what can only be described as surfing perfection with not another being in sight!

This wave is a gentle giant and is perfect for those who wish to fine tune their surfing skills before embarking upon the WORLD TOUR in the full game 'WILDCARD PRO SURFING'.

With over 1000 different trick combinations available you will constantly discover new and rewarding ways to score points. Combine Airs, Indy Grabs, Tail Grabs, Rodeo Flips, Kickflips, Heelflips, Shuvits, Alley Oops, Double Flips, Fins Out, Carving Style, Barrels and more to achieve maximum scores.

Stall in the pit of a 13 foot monster reef break and ride the barrel long enough to experience the sudden rush of adrenaline as the wave blows you out in a cloud of mist. Emerging from the depths with arms raised high as you bask in the glory of a perfect tube ride. Don't let the wave consume you or you will feel the wrath of the sharp rocks below as you wipeout.

Compete against the rest of the world as you submit your scores online to claim your official world ranking. Join the online community at www.WildCardProSurfing.com to discuss tips and techniques with other surfers or to claim the prize of #1 ranked surfer on the planet!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
LOL. Lite version is free for a limited time.

11-02-2009, 10:19 AM

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

11-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
New tag. You dont know?
11-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Just found this thread, too funny!

Yeh its a bit of a silly comment to say a lite version is free for a limited time only. Well worth the rippings and we just removed that comment from the description so thanks for the feedback. I guess what we were thinking in our momentary lapse of judgement was that the lite version may only be available for a limited time, not that we were going to be charging for it down the track :-) We need to see how it affects the interest in the full version before deciding wether to leave it up permanently or not.

Sorry for the confusion. If anyone has downloaded the lite version and has some feedback on wether they think it is a positive or negative addition to our lineup it would be greatly appreciated.
11-02-2009, 04:20 PM
have played, and find that the physics are sweet spot on, and the sweeping camera angles perfect...love all the tricks too...that you can surf in the tube is awesome as well...unfortunately, the games looks a little unpolished in the graphics department...i'm not complaining, since it was free...but, the potential seems to be huge here...so much has been nailed down just right, i believe the game could be big winner...good luck with the game
11-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback qUAntUm k!

Glad you found some elements of the game to your liking. With regards to the graphics quality we agree with you 100%, especially with the wave graphics. Unfortunately this was as good as we could do before the framerate started to suffer noticeably but with the onset of the 3Gs and faster iTouch devices we may be in a position to re-explore it for an optional high-detail setting. One key feature we are already working on is making the wave more dynamic with barreling sections and a more random wave face.

Keep the feedback coming. We value all input both positive and negative.
11-12-2009, 06:25 PM
why do we have to pay for the lite version?
that just creates a bit of uncertainty and confusion in my mind
I saw the ad, and i was interested...but now i don't know