★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Drool LLC
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 314.3 MB
  • Version: 1.07
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (3)
App description: Thumper is rhythm violence: classic action, blistering speed, and brutal physicality. You are a space beetle. Brave the void and confront a maniacal giant head.

With this special pocket edition, you can play all nine epic levels with one hand.

Hurtle forward, master new moves, and survive terrifying boss battles. Propelled by a pounding original soundtrack, you'll feel every crushing impact. To reach synesthetic bliss, you must conquer rhythm hell.

Features
Nine epic levels
Adrenalizing boss battles
Psychedelic visuals and original soundtrack
Smooth 60 FPS in portrait and landscape
PLAY + mode (increased challenge and speed)
Full screen display on iPhone X

Please Note
Wireless headphones can add significant audio latency. For the best experience, wired headphones or integrated speakers are strongly recommended.

metalcasket's comments:

01-23-2018, 05:24 PM
Pre-orders are currently propagating according to where you live, but this should be out in the States approximately 6 hours from now.

Picked Thumper up on Switch AFTER pre-ordering on iOS and I must say, I'm still absolutely floored by it. It seriously is the first rhythm game I've ever played that tries to do something different with the genre, and it does it in spades. It's dark, menacing and can be unforgivably fast at times. I went from "Oh hey, this looks cool...but I have no idea what it's supposed to be" to "OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!!11!!" in mere seconds.

So...it's great on Switch, right? How is it on iOS? Well, my pre-order kicked in a couple of hours ago and I've only played a few minutes to be completely honest, but absolutely nothing's been lost in translation. Nothing at all. Sheer perfection at literally a quarter of the price, a fraction of the download size and with incredible portrait mode support. Nothing else to say.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-23-2018 at 05:26 PM.

01-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Have it on PS4 and love it. Anxious to see how the touch controls work.
01-23-2018, 08:11 PM
Kinda disappointed that it not a game about Bambi’s friend

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i
01-24-2018, 08:21 AM
Android version????🤞
01-24-2018, 08:37 AM
So what do you do ? Swipe to move lanes ? Do you attack things etc ? Cant quite work it out from that trailer
01-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Just : WOW

this is absolutely amazing: controlls: until now: only tapping and swiping: are spot on. it sounds easy: but it is really unforgiving: two false taps or swipes and you have to start again: its a really fast game with outstanding graphic effects: Im already addicted: im just trying to beat level one : endboss: you really have to learn the track by heart and within the rhythm! THIS is the rhythmgame i was always looking for: AND it is HEAVEN
01-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Drool, indeed!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 01-24-2018 at 11:43 AM.
01-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Does it integrate the Taptic engine like the Switch version uses HD Rumble?
01-24-2018, 12:21 PM
for people interested in gameplay of the Pocket Edition and what the gameplay in general is like: