★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Place a tent next to each tree in this original puzzle game! Numbers around the grid tell you how many tents must be placed on each row and column. Be careful, tents can't touch each other.
Solve all levels with logic only: no random moves!

FEATURES:
- Hundreds of levels
- New exclusive levels every day
- No rush: play at your own pace, start a level and complete it later
- Unlimited free hints
- No wifi? you can play offline
- Multiple grid sizes for varied difficulty
- Ability to zoom in and move the grid for smaller devices
- Landscape and portrait modes to play on any phone or tablet

Follow us to get news and updates:
https://www.facebook.com/frozax
Twitter: @Frozax

frozax's comments:

I specialized in puzzle games and Tents and Trees is my 6th iOS puzzle game. I've used experience and feedback from all the previous ones to create Tents and Trees. Feel free to post feedback (positive and negative) and ask any question about the game or its development.

Here are the trailer and screenshots (click to enlarge):

Youtube link | Pop Up

Have fun!
01-23-2018, 10:11 PM
If a mix of picross and minesweeper sound interesting, this game is a must try for free. Played the first 10 levels and while levels 7-10 were not hard, they definitely took some time to figure out. Really surprised how much I'm liking this. Levels start off on a 5x5 grid while some of the later levels grow to a 16x16 grid. There are also puzzle packs designated as hard. Have no doubt this will challenge the puzzle vets out there.

When you complete a level you earn coins and can optionally watch an ad to earn even more coins. Puzzle packs can then be purchased with coins. I completed puzzle pack one which earned me 30 coins without watching any ads. Puzzle pack two was 20 coins to unlock. So far it seems like you earn enough coins to progress but can't say for sure as I've only completed the first puzzle pack. Game shows a lot of promise and is highly recommended. Calling this a hidden gem right now.

01-24-2018, 03:35 AM
Very nice. Reminds me of sudoku in a vague, simple way.

Only on the start of the second pack but I’ve already bought some coins to support.

Recommended.

Edit: It would be nice to be able to turn off the “numbers don’t match” dialogue box that pops up. You really don’t need it after you’ve seen it a few times and understand the mechanics.

Last edited by MetaGonzo; 01-24-2018 at 04:12 AM.
01-24-2018, 05:59 AM
Already have their Battleship game and this is an interesting variation. Hope they will also make a version of Train Tracks which is from the same puzzle family.
01-24-2018, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback and MetaGonzo for the support!

I always have a list of ideas for my next game in the "Puzzles" series, but I didn't have "Train Tracks". It looks interesting and will spend some time studying the mechanics.
01-24-2018, 01:03 PM
Yeah this is a lot of fun. Very easy so far but I suspect it will get tricky later
01-24-2018, 03:33 PM
Really enjoying this one so far. One thing that concerns me is the gold earned. It is using a Bonza style system to unlock packs that cost increasing amounts of gold. This wouldnt concern me too much except that the amounts likely have some of the ad doubling accounted for, but after five ads (only earning me 10 extra gold total), I no longer had the option to double.

Are later puzzles worth more than two gold? If not, I cant see an easy way to both continue the campaign AND do the daily packs as they are released.
01-24-2018, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
Really enjoying this one so far. One thing that concerns me is the gold earned. It is using a Bonza style system to unlock packs that cost increasing amounts of gold. This wouldnt concern me too much except that the amounts likely have some of the ad doubling accounted for, but after five ads (only earning me 10 extra gold total), I no longer had the option to double.

Are later puzzles worth more than two gold? If not, I cant see an easy way to both continue the campaign AND do the daily packs as they are released.
Yeah pretty much my thoughts - Id love to pay a premium for this to remove the FTP elements because Im really enjoying it but looking at the price of some of the later level packs I cant imagine it being possible to get enough coins to unlock them.
The last 14 packs of levels cost 250 coins each and even If you were prepared to buy consumable IAP youd be paying ten quid for 4 level packs (250 coins each, just over 1000 coins for a tenner), which I think is pretty extortionate.
Unless of course the money you earn does go up in which case happy days!
01-24-2018, 10:25 PM
Yes this is a problem. I hope we can get a dev response on this. Otherwise this will be a great puzzle game killed by ftp practices. You cannot watch ads (Ive still only gotten five ads for the entire day) to gain more coins.

The only solution (and it is not a good one) would be to not play and log in every six hours to get the ten free coins, but it would take you quite a while doing that to afford the more expensive packs.

As an example: todays daily puzzles cost 92 coins to play them all, but they only award 36 coins. Anyone see a problem with this?
01-25-2018, 06:36 AM
Thanks Tinsel and orangecan for your replies. I understand your concerns and will try to give some answers

First, please note this is the first time I implement this kind of IAP (with consumable coins) and rewarded ads, my other puzzle games used a more classic system (Packs of levels can be bought for $2, without daily packs. In thermometers puzzles, I added a "purchase all" option). I decided to change to this system because I often receive emails from players that already bough all packs (about $20 total) in my puzzle games (mostly Battleships Solitaire Puzzles) and still ask to pay for more levels.

It is indeed expected that you can't play the whole game for free (sorry). I performed a lot a computations to ensure that all players (hardcore players, casual players, players without internet...) can play at least a few packs for free (taking into accounts usage of the "big coin" frequently). My logic with the large packs, is that as they're long to complete (a few days), players will get more coins from the "big coin" when playing these packs. I know of a player that saved a little to purchase the last pack without purchasing the others. By the time he completed this pack, he had enough coins to purchase another 250-coins pack. It might require some patience, but it's definitely possible to complete the game without spending actual money. It's obviously easier if you only play for a few minutes every day.

About the sentence: "today’s daily puzzles cost 92 coins to play them all, but they only award 36 coins." I realize now that players are considering coins a bit like a score and don't want to "waste" coins. I designed the game (wrongly, obviously) so that that coins are used to "purchase some fun" (not sure how to explain this). Someone else already told me this, and I reduced the price of the first daily pack as a result of this, so that you can play a free pack every day. But I guess I still need to improve on that point.

Overall, it seems that this monetization gives frustration, especially to players that spend a lot of time in the game. I would love to fix that. As you probably try a lot more games than I do, do you know puzzle games with similar business model that is "working"?

(for information, the maximum number of ads visible per day should increase to 10 soon, but it's not really the issue, here.)
(Side question: what is "Bonza"? I could not find information about this)

Feel free to ask more questions and give more feedback (on monetization or anything else).