★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Meteorfall is a deck-building roguelike. You'll choose your class from one of four unique adventurers, and then set out with a deck consisting of some basic attack cards. During the course of your adventure, you'll be presented with the opportunity to add powerful new cards to your deck.

No adventure would be complete without slaying a few monsters that get in your way. In battle, you'll draw cards from your ability deck. Each time you draw a card, you'll be able to swipe right to play the card, or swipe left to skip a turn and regain some stamina.

Between battles, you'll venture through a variety of locations, represented by an encounter deck. You'll encounter blacksmiths that can upgrade your cards, temples that can help you optimize your deck, and mysterious characters that will make you all sorts of bargains.

The tactical strategy of combat micro-decisions mixed with the strategic element of deck-building provides a compelling and deep gameplay experience.

As with all roguelikes, death is permanent. You'll earn some gems that you can use to unlock new cards, but it's back to the drawing board after that. Start out with a new adventurer and set out on your quest once again.

The good news is that Meteorfall is different every time you play - you'll encounter different locations, different enemies, and different quests. Part of the challenge is adapting to the challenging situations the game puts you in, given the cards available.

Good luck hero - it's time to end the Uberlich's cycle of destruction!

FEATURES
+ Challenging roguelike gameplay with an easy-to-understand deck-building combat system
+ Procedurally generated content - every adventure is unique
+ A dozen different enemies with 7 unique bosses
+ Four heroes to choose from, each with a different starting deck and unique playstyle
+ Unlockable cards that can be easily earned through normal play
+ Game Center integration with Leaderboards and Achievements
+ Portrait orientation for casual one-handed gameplay
+ No ads, timers, or other freemium shenanigans
01-24-2018, 04:49 PM
Out in the States 6 hours and 11 minutes from the time of this post.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

01-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Error message, Ipad Air, 10.3.3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1870.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	119032  
01-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Bought!
01-24-2018, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Error message, Ipad Air, 10.3.3
Doh, will look into this! I know some people who encountered this were able to continue without issue after restarting the app. I tore my hair out during development to solve this issue. I think I've narrowed it down to some bug that sometimes occurs when you're affected by Fire Shield (which you are, based on the screenshot) will do some more digging here and see if I can find a resolution.

Really sorry for the issue!
01-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothwerks View Post
Doh, will look into this! I know some people who encountered this were able to continue without issue after restarting the app. I tore my hair out during development to solve this issue. I think I've narrowed it down to some bug that sometimes occurs when you're affected by Fire Shield (which you are, based on the screenshot) will do some more digging here and see if I can find a resolution.

Really sorry for the issue!
Yeah, I could continue playing with that message and it disappeared after restart
01-24-2018, 10:43 PM
Designed for the iPhone X screen size?
01-24-2018, 11:19 PM
Any news about if this game support iPhone X full screen? Looks amazing, btw!

Current games on my iPhone X: Evoland 2, Chrono Trigger, FFXV:PP, Dandara, Evoland, Oceanhorn, Cytus II, Kingdom: New Lands, Nexomon, Cat Quest, Iron Marines, Death Road to Canada, Clash Royale, Vainglory, Delta emulator... for now. https://twitter.com/LOVECRAFT_VG
01-24-2018, 11:44 PM
Love the art and mechanism!
And is it released on China?I only find one called meteor fall-card game, and it looks the same. But the publisher is some zplay company rather than you, so are they even authorized?
01-25-2018, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarayX View Post
Love the art and mechanism!
And is it released on China?I only find one called meteor fall-card game, and it looks the same. But the publisher is some zplay company rather than you, so are they even authorized?
Yep! I worked with ZPlay and they published it for the China market. They handled the Chinese localization.