★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TOTEM Review

01-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
TOTEM Review

Got my promo code for it and I decided to share my opinion on it. I had played with it for around 20 minutes.

The name TOTEM really identify this game easily. Your task in this game is to stack pieces of totem for a tribe. So far I only get Yellow and Red tribe. The height of totem for each color of tribe is different. You get combo multiplier for placing a piece of totem over the previous one accurately. 5 accurate placement will rewards you with more bonus points. You use those bonus points to level your status by completing more totem. It's just fun to anticipate the drops, either accurate or not.

I really wish there's an help file that explain the outcome of this game. So far I still puzzling the idea of placing the totem over the map. Perhaps I'll figure out soon after I placed all those totem over the map.

For those who wonders the replay value of this game. There's a stat option that shows the level you're currently achieved. Each level or rank has its own title.

So far I think the sounds is pretty good. It's really relaxing, no time limit or what so ever. Best played before sleep.

To the developer, I think I found out a bug though. When I'm trying to drop pieces of RED totem over the previous, swinging from left to right, sometimes it just won't drop. So I will need to wait for second swing to drop it. Doesn't seems to be an issue for YELLOW totem.

Last edited by D.Sync; 01-01-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Correct some typos
01-01-2009, 11:48 AM
I've reached these two tribes too so far and have the same problem with both yellow and red one. For the first three seconds right after each new totem appears, I just can't drop them to the ground. It seems that it is kind of intetional, but I don't get the point of it.
I also did not figure out what's the overall point of the game. There should be some hint in the main menu. The game seems endless to me at the moment as I can change the old totems with the new ones on the map...
01-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Post in the same thread since the developer will likely be checking back after a while *facepalm*...
01-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Here's the first topic about the game:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=2434

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
01-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
Post in the same thread since the developer will likely be checking back after a while *facepalm*...
I thought it might be easier to search this way. Anyways can moderator merge this thread with the other one?