Best Eliminate Upgrades

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thespartan, Nov 2, 2009.

1. thespartan

thespartan Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    I want to use my Eliminate credits carefully for the upgrades and weapons.

What are the best upgrades/weapons to purchase early on?

2. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
  3. thespartan

Nov 2, 2009
    There are way too many posts in the official thread. I thought a specific thread related to upgrades would be useful.

4. Bronson15

Bronson15 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I like the plasma cannon. It has given me the rank of 7!

5. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    plasma cannon is a must have.

i also have the gravity hook but it isnt really useful to me:p

6. sebasterbator

sebasterbator Well-Known Member

I just love out strafing then headshotting plasma users with my autorifle, it makes me giggle.

But seriously, I love the autorifle, but thats just me.

Grapple hook is a lifesaver, got away from some rocket launcher dudes couple times, though it is a little finicky.

7. thespartan

Nov 2, 2009
    So it sounds like picking up a new weapon or adding weapon upgrades before buying or upgrading armor is what works best for most?

8. k1ite

k1ite Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Pharmacy Technician
    Loma Linda, California
    Plasma is my favorite, kinda tricky timing it well with a 3G connection but just like all FPS's just aim ahead and learn the reload times whenever you upgrade the reload time.

9. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I'm totally with you, I don't wanna burn cash on extra energy...so is the plasma cannon actually the best gun? or just the cheapest...is it worth it to save up for the more expensive weapons?

10. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    Agree on plasma cannon. It's a very good weapon :) #33 placed now with it.

11. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I use plasma for close range, auto rifle for far. I like the auto rifle the best

12. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    But has anyone tried out the other weapons? Is it more effective than the more expensive ones?

13. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Tip:

1. Scroll across the pages on the home screen until you get to the Eliminate app.

2. Press and hold the icon until it starts jiggling about.

3. Press the little cross icon in the corner.

4. Give a rating of 1 star.

5. Enjoy 'Nova' or the modern combat update when they come out.

:D

14. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    lol u your funny but its not needed here. i would actually get the plasma cannon. its your best pal out in the cold strange virtual realm of eliminate :)

15. thespartan

Nov 2, 2009
    Which upgrades do you do first for your weapons? Particularly the Plasma Cannon. Do you focus on a single attribute, like damage, etc., or do you upgrade all attributes evenly?

16. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Please do explain LBG, your hatred for this game

17. thespartan

Nov 2, 2009
    He probably has a 1st gen iPod Touch or iPhone. :)

Seriously though, no need to have that discussion in this thread. Many like the game, others don't. Let's keep this thread focused on useful upgrade information for those of us that DO like the game.

18. sebasterbator

sebasterbator Well-Known Member

Well I don't have any of the higher level weapons(yet) but I have faced a few of them. So this is where my experiance is derived from(feel free to correct my descriptions for each weapon).

Rocket Launcher:
    The first time I faced it, I was rather enraged and thought it was way overpowered. But after facing it a few more times I realized that it was rather easy to defeat the user.

The main drawbacks is the reload time and the fact that you can see it coming -_- So if you have enough speed I think you'd be able to dodge most of the damage (assumption)

Antimatter Jet:
    I've only seen this weapon used twice and to tell you the truth I think I might have died from it once.

Maybe it wasn't upgraded, I don't know but it seems to be more of a fear weapon, because when I was facing the guy all I could think was "OH MY GOD BOUNCING BALLS EVERYWHERE MUST DODGE and now I'm dead".

I mainly stayed away from this guy and picked him off with my autorifle.

Vaporizer:
    Now this weapon has intrigued me from the beginning. From my one encounter with it I think it's some sort of single shot weapon.

I know it took about 2 hits to kill me (I'm assuming these where body shots, would a head shot kill me outright?). I didn't see the guy that much through out the round but we killed each other a couple times.

Well that's all I have about the weapons, remember I haven't used any of them.

What I would love to know is how much the armor affects the attributes they increase, if anyone has any knowledge, feel free to answer.

19. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I actually have a 1G Touch, and it works fine.

Thanks for that breakdown. Currently I'm just working on upgrading my auto rifle

20. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    The rifle upgraded...wooow aim for the head and upgrade thedamage and the amountbof bulletsp