★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

the Sequence [2]

02-03-2018, 03:58 PM
the Sequence [2] - minimalist programming puzzle

Hey guys!

I hope some of you still remember "the Sequence" puzzle.
You can read about it here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...light=sequence
Or read Review here http://toucharcade.com/2015/10/06/the-sequence-review/

I am currently working on its sequel - "the Sequence [2]" logic programming puzzle.

I will keep you informed about development.
Stay in touch!

Last edited by OneManBand; 02-05-2018 at 11:42 AM.
02-03-2018, 04:52 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Dude!!! Do you have an ETA for this baby? Can i beta test it? Pretty please?

02-03-2018, 07:05 PM
The first version looks nice, but this one looks nicer! Nice job
02-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Very interested in a sequel and happy to hear that it's being created. The puzzles and mechanics of the original are simply genius.
02-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspalone View Post
omg omg omg!!!!!

Dude!!! Do you have an eta for this baby? Can i beta test it? Pretty please?
Approximate ETA is in the beginning of Q2 2018 (if everything will be okay). I will try to do a beta test
in the end of Q1 2018. Of course I will announce this in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterj View Post
the first version looks nice, but this one looks nicer! Nice job
Thanks! This is the third version of the visual style

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of anarchy View Post
very interested in a sequel and happy to hear that it's being created. The puzzles and mechanics of the original are simply genius.
I'm sure that the levels in "the Sequence 2" will give you a lot of fun and something else
02-08-2018, 12:59 AM
Some levels

02-08-2018, 09:20 AM
Conceptually this game looks very much like a mobile version of Magnum Opus, for the looks of the last levels shown here... LOVING IT! Can't wait to play it.
02-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspalone View Post
Conceptually this game looks very much like a mobile version of Magnum Opus, for the looks of the last levels shown here... LOVING IT! Can't wait to play it.
You are the second person today who tells me about Magnum Opus game. Now I understand why.
I hope I will not be called a plagiarist
02-08-2018, 04:42 PM
you wont be. While the concept shares some similarities, lets take into account that this is the sequel to another game and it resembles it much more than Magnum Opus. So its ok.

Wanna join the beta man!, i'd like to give this one a go!
02-12-2018, 12:42 AM
By replaying theSequence again, in preparation for the sequel, i've remembered something, and i hope you "fix it" for the upcoming game: the game needs BADLY a way to store more than one solution for each level.

Lemme explain: by playing the sandbox levels, i noticed that i could solve a level in multiple ways, and that holds true for the regular levels. The thing is, it'd be great to be able to store your best solutions, be it automatically or the way "Human Resource Machine" or "Perfect Paths" does, by selecting a new solution tab and working your magic there.

I think it'd be a great addition and improvement over the prequel.

Just my 2 cents.