★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Raw Fury
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 681.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $14.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The world of Salt hangs on the brink of collapse. The citizens, oncefree spirits, now stand oppressed and isolated. But not all is lost, for out of thisaetherof fear arises a heroine, a ray of hope. Her name is Dandara.

Welcome toa unique 2Dmetroidvaniaplatformer full of mystical creatures and boundless exploration. Defy gravity as you jump across floors, walls, and ceilings alike. Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden throughout the world of Salt and its diverse array of characters. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies bent on oppression.

Awaken, Dandara, to bring freedom and balance to this directionless world.

INNOVATIVE CONTROLS - Built natively for both touchscreen and gamepad input, movement and combat interact smoothly and seamlessly.

BOUNDLESS EXPLORATION - Traverse across the esoteric world of Salt through fast and fluid jumps off any surface, unhindered by gravity, in lovingly crafted environments.

CHALLENGINGPROGRESSION - Use a combination of speed & skill, wits & reflexes, to solve puzzles, earn powerups, and access areas previously unreachable.

BEAUTIFUL AND IMMERSIVE WORLD - A visual and auditory wonderland comes to life through gorgeous handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions.

metalcasket's comments:

02-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Currently propagating and will be out in the States 7 and a half hours from the time of this post.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

02-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Already out in the UK
02-05-2018, 03:48 PM
This is spectacular. Yes, it may look like it utilizes a slingshot based mechanic, but consider it more like flicking by use of a virtual joystick and not by pulling back Angry Birds-style. My only issue after about 10 mins of play is that it’s missing auto screen rotation.

EDIT: By “auto screen rotation” I actually mean ANY screen rotation. Just to clarify, the game runs only with the home button on the left.

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-05-2018 at 06:08 PM.
02-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Let the complaints about its premium price point begin...NOW!

(Puts on noise-cancelling headphones and sets volume to 11)

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 02-05-2018 at 04:16 PM.
02-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Looks good but why so expensive. Is it worth the price? I don’t want to hate, only asking.
02-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Price doesnt bother me. Far better than a freemium game with ads. We want premium priced games dont we ?

The lack of screen rotation is a pain though !
02-05-2018, 05:11 PM
For a game initially developed for mobile, Im really surprised at the lack of screen rotation. Know its a different dev, but their publisher, Raw Fury, should have caught that.
02-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioso View Post
Looks good but why so expensive. Is it worth the price? I dont want to hate, only asking.
Well, it's the EXACT same game as on PC, Switch and consoles (yes, I know...the Switch technically IS a console) releasing on the exact same date, for the very same price. Yes, it's unusually expensive for a mobile game, but one has to commend Raw Fury for basically saying they consider mobile an equal to all other platforms.

02-05-2018, 05:53 PM
So the gameplay. You move the joystick. Do you press fire or does it move or jump automatically ?

So its pretty good ?