★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rubicon
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 81.3 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Features:

ONE SWIPE BOWLING - gets you bowling Strikes in no time, but lets you develop skills to master the lanes

DESIGN YOUR BOWLER - select face type, hair, eye color, clothes and more to create your unique bowling character

MULTIPLAYER ACTION - take on the best, or your pals in online or local multiplayer matches and tournaments

SKILL SHOT CHALLENGES - 40+ hand-crafted special shots with pins in lines, pinball-style poppers, ramps and more

CHOOSE YOUR LEAGUE to play in Rookie, Amateur, Pro or Elite categories

11 TOURNAMENT MODES to play, including Free Roll, Small is Beautiful, Strike Master Challenge and Risky Rumble

Control the speed, trajectory, and spin on your ball in one simple swipe to launch it down the lane

FOUR GAME MODES to get stuck into; Practice, Tournament, League and On-line

EIGHT AWESOME LANES to bowl from the glamour of Vegas to a submarine lane in an aquarium, a neon palace or even an alien invasion themed folly!

125 BOWLING BALLS - from beautifully marbled, baseball and basketball like balls, and even those decorated with floral patterns, whorls, and fades

ACHIEVEMENTS to bag including Millionaire, Elite Bowler and Local Champ'

SAVE GAMES across devices with iCloud climb up the leagues on multiple devices!

Rubicon's comments:
The most fun you can have with one hand...

02-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Best iOS bowling game I've played

The graphics are fantastic (they include showing animated cartoonish bowlers, not just bowling balls), pin action is arcade-y but with remarkably realistic physics, and some skill is required to roll high scores. I have been a TestFlight beta participant and am delighted to see this game has been released.

02-07-2018, 04:24 PM
After playing today's release, I haven't found an option to pay for ad removal. If this is the case, this is a major negative for what is otherwise a great bowling game. Hoping the developer will post a note regarding this, and will let us know if he plans to provide an ad removal option.
02-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Quite honestly this was simply overlooked. It's obviously better for us to have people chose that option so expect it in an update soon.

We'll wait a bit on other feedback beforehand though as there's bound to be other niggles etc that need addressing and nobody likes the update-per-day model.

Last edited by Rubicon; 02-07-2018 at 06:06 PM.
02-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Yea, thats kind of a big deal to me also. Think Ill wait to see if that is implemented before downloading this one! After all, I already have a few good bowling games on my devices!
02-07-2018, 06:27 PM
App closes after each ad.
Doesn't seem to read "curve" swipes correctly. Feels somewhat random. Could use tutorial for that.
No music toggle? (Pet peeve.)

Otherwise, game looks pretty good. Does need tweaking, imo.

Running on iPad 12.9.
02-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Game closing after each ad. Online matchmaking through gamecenter and waiting times to find an opponent over 4 minutes. Deleted.
02-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Wow, thanks for your patience - the game's only been out about 15 minutes. I'm encouraged that you only had to wait 4 minutes tbh., imagine how fast it will be once we have >3 players!
02-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Disappointing to hear about ads crashing the game, needless to say that never happened here. Will get it looked into pronto, sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Seems its only one sort of ad. Fixing in progress but for now we're trying to turn those off.

Last edited by Rubicon; 02-08-2018 at 04:17 AM.
02-08-2018, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfrost View Post
App closes after each ad.
Doesn't seem to read "curve" swipes correctly. Feels somewhat random. Could use tutorial for that.
No music toggle? (Pet peeve.)

Otherwise, game looks pretty good. Does need tweaking, imo.

Running on iPad 12.9.
I thought there was a music toggle, will check.

If you don't touch the app for several seconds it will show you graphically how to bowl a curve ball with an animating finger. You bowl across the angle of the lane