I'm cheap let's talk about it

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xmonalisax, Feb 10, 2018.

1. xmonalisax

xmonalisax Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Will wait price drop.. it’s too much for me..

2. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Same

3. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    looks cool but a little too expensive for ios releases

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    This is why we can’t have nice things.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed. And considering that this is also out on Switch, I don’t expect that we will see a sale for a while — and when it comes, it won’t be much of a discount.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It’s depressing reading stuff like this. Think people who chase promo codes or wait for price drops (like yourself) would be shocked at higher prices. Give me a premium priced game anytime over freemium. It’s even more expensive in the UK but still cheap. Not every game will be 99p

Hope the dev keeps it at this price

7. xmonalisax

Nov 5, 2011
    We ll see that it will be 4.99 within 3 months.. And I’m not as rich as you mr.richmaaaan be relax dont be depressed. U continue full prices okay :D:D:D

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The last few posts regarding the price have been a discussion, until you replied. :p

9. xmonalisax

Nov 5, 2011
    Because this game is good but never a 15 usd Game.. And lots of people thinking as me about price.. With 15 usd u can sell 100 copy but with 5 usd u can sell 10000 copy.. And a game’s very high price doesnt show the game’s perfection.. I know lots of game with low price put premium.. We dont want free we want only sensible prices..

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I understand it isnt anymore normal that an indie dev tries to put a premium price on a mobile release, but considering this is a 1:1 release of the Nintendo Switch version, it makes more sense that way.

If the devs decide to give this a lower price point on mobile, lots of consumers wont choose to buy for the Switch as more people have idevices than switches at this point. This at least gives an option for those with the Switch to get it there.

Im curious though... How much would you consider a sensible price point for this game?

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #11 Gwarmaxx, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    usually i don't talk about prices, but in this case maybe can give my opinion.

imho, problem here is not the developers, but us... we hype a game, we pay demanded prices, we create stars from nothing, we follow fashions, like in many aspects of life as sports, arts, literature, etc.

maybe we don't pause a bit to think, but many times we buy things (games in this case) just to say "i have it too!" or "i must have it before others!"... that's the issue... so devs, producers, writers, etc know well how a consumer's mind works, they're not stupid, they're just selling their product at their convenience... we are the stupids here!

have you ever wondered why indie games like Binding of Isaac, just to name one, costs 15 bucks??? what does it have more than many others??? on the contrary, i think there's a lot of games out there that costs 2/4/6 bucks that are much better than BOI, but unfortunately the hype created on Steam forums, and spreading everywhere, has dictated the price on mobile, and if you want it before your neighbour/friend/forum mate at all costs, even if you didn't know anything about his release or it's never been your favorite genre, you must pay it what they want.

unfortunately has always been this way, we create stars, they're just selling a product... don't forget that!

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Being an older gamer I was used to buying games in the 80s often at £7.95 (before budget games arrived at £1.99 but many were hit or miss)

As a kid with not much pocket money I was saving all the time for these expensive games back then

Years later we have these expensive phones and amazing cheap games. When I first cant to iPhone gaming I was stunned how cheap games were. Even more shocked when £1.99 games came out and people begged for promo codes or waited for a sale ! Crazy

Yeah the price is high as a lot of people are used to 99c games many of which aren’t great (not all of them)

Also a $15 game is a £15 game so it’s nearly double the price for us Brit’s !

Personally think there should be a minimum price of $5 for all games but a bit like Android where you get your money back after a day if you want a refund.

I want to buy this but I’m not too keen on the controls. Nothing to do with the price. Still very tempted but I’m mr traditional platformer type of gamer !

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    How do you know i'm rich ? I'm not. I could say you are, you can afford an expensive iphone yet you cant afford to buy a game ?

If we all wait for price drops then ALL games would turn to freemium hell as devs wouldnt make money. When games are so cheap i think we should support devs. I hope devs dont do price drops.

The more money devs make the more games we'll get. If they dont make money they'll move onto another platform

14. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Max I spend on an iPad/iPhone game is £4.99.
    1) because I'm on an older idevice
    2) because you are playing a game on an inferior format with rubbish virtual buttons. Point in case Final Fantasy Tactics was 10 X better on the PS1.
    *Though I did spend about £40 on the evil Clash Royale.

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sorry but what game are we even talking about here? Thread title just says someone's cheap, and then the content of that title just says to talk about it. How does anyone know what is being talked about here?

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Posts from the Dandara thread were moved.

17. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Gimme Premium games and I’m a happy camper! # I HATE the Freemium type games! # I’m not cheap, and I try not to be foolish with my money, but I can afford to get anything I want at this point in my life, and at the same time I see nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal I can with whatever I’m interested in! #

18. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I guess I'm cheap too. At this point, I got a backlog of games for iOS, Android, Wii, and PC/Steam. So while I can afford to drop something like $30 a month on games, I have more games than I know what to do with. I have some exceptions that are "insta-buy", but they're far and few.

Another issue is nowadays, iOS games also have to compete with other forms of entertainment. Social media's still going strong, but the Switch is indeed making a comeback. AFAIK, some people are fed up enough about freemium on mobile that they're willing to drop $60 on a premium Mario or Zelda title, and they would STILL get an excellent value for their money. Me... I got Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii, used, for only $20, and given the 30 to 40 something hours I played it, it easily would've been worth the $60 MSRP.