★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Matthew Ripston
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Reviews from Toucharcade.com:
"I think it's a no-brainer for physics fans for a buck, it's a lot of fun. " -drelbs

"This game is awesome." - kalel39

Your ship crashed on a hostile planet. Now you must use your rover to harvest parts. He's very fragile so DON'T let it hit the ground!

Block Busting Planet Panic is a physics-based puzzle game with 50 levels. Destroy various blocks, while making sure your rover does not fall. Similar to Armor Game's Totem Destroyer, but with more levels and more gameplay.

How to play
- Collect the required # of parts per level
- Rusted blocks can be harvest for parts
- Metal blocks cannot be harvested
- Liquid fuel blocks can be destroyed and are unstable
- Destroy enough blocks to move to the next level

Features
- 5 sets of 10 levels, complete 8 to move to the next set
- Level select which tracks best level time
- 8 achievements to complete
- Catchy Music/Sound effects that can be turned on/off
- Dynamic alien landscape
- "Just gotta finish one more" gameplay
- Powerful physics engine
11-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone, I am the developer of this game. I've been working on it for the last 3 months and am really proud of it. If anyone has any feedback let me know. I'm always looking for reviews of the game. Thanks!

Indie Game Developer
Homepage: mattripston.com
Available now: Block Busting Planet Panic Commerical
Follow me on Twitter

11-03-2009, 12:37 PM
11-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Dave, thanks for adding the youtube video. I was really happy with how that came out. I recorded everything with ScreenFlow and edited it with iMovie

Indie Game Developer
Follow me on Twitter
11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
This looks really good, I'll definately check it out once I get off work tonight

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Looks a bit like "itotem" ......but more polished. Anyone tried it yet ?
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Looks a bit like "itotem" ......but more polished. Anyone tried it yet ?
Yeah... I guess we were both working on it at the same time. I submitted mine, then his went live. I played his, it's not bad. He took all the levels from Totem Destroyer, not sure if he is the original developer.

Mine also has a little better controls. In his hitting blocks seems to be, well, hit or miss.

His is also directly from the flash game. So you have lots of loading screens/title screens. I developed mine to load fast. When the game opens it goes right to the level you left off at. Makes it great to be able to quickly pick up and play it!

Indie Game Developer
Follow me on Twitter
11-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Beta tested this, it's my favorite of the BoxDrop type of games...

Maybe it's because of the cool graphics, or the fact that I have more empathy towards the little rover than a box.

I think it's a no-brainer for physics fans for a buck, it's a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-03-2009, 04:27 PM
My favorite part of itotem was the music. Hitting the blocks was really hit and miss (often had to press 2-3 times)....very irritating indeed, and also the levels were not that interesting.............. This does look nicer to me
11-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder View Post
Yeah... I guess we were both working on it at the same time. I submitted mine, then his went live. I played his, it's not bad. He took all the levels from Totem Destroyer, not sure if he is the original developer.

Mine also has a little better controls. In his hitting blocks seems to be, well, hit or miss.

His is also directly from the flash game. So you have lots of loading screens/title screens. I developed mine to load fast. When the game opens it goes right to the level you left off at. Makes it great to be able to quickly pick up and play it!

That's the problem with some types of games. (I must have tried them all) There are way too many and when a good one comes along, sometimes you've had enough. I just want one or two of these types of games. I am a big physics game fan so I will buy it based on your post

You can't be wrong if you have over 2000 posts right?