★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Not that easy is the life of an average rocket pilot. Try that yourself in a new addictive arcade game about the small rocket which has to make it's way home from the Space Base in the Asteroid Belt.

Get yourself immersed in the cosmic atmosphere with the deep soundscape, make your way through the 33 levels of arcade gameplay mixed with the puzzle elements, and more to come soon!

Solve puzzles, avoid cosmic rocks, asteroids and cosmic junk, learn to drive a rocket like a pro!

More levels, rockets and other updates are making their way to meet you soon inside the Rocket Roll!

Warning: you may find some humor inside!

dimitryfw's comments:
As we've just released it yesterday, the game is clean at the moment, and doesn't contain neither any in-apps, nor ads. Just hardcore gameplay in the true spirit of the old school... But this will be changed someday. So, don't miss the moment!

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-28-2018, 04:40 PM
Well this is a really nice lunar lander take - it looks lovely and the physics feel spot on.

The only thing I’m not sure about is the control method, it’s a touch on the screen where you want to fly to deal, and while it feels totally right in the sense that they’re spot on, I’m just not sure I like it.

It’s free, well made and good fun despite my unsurity about controls so give it a go people.

Oh, and the music is excellent as well...

Last edited by orangecan; 02-28-2018 at 04:43 PM.

02-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Liking this!

Really liking this!

Pretty fun once you get the controls right in your head.

Like the other guy said above... this is a fun take on Lunar Lander.

Fun game!
03-01-2018, 03:58 AM
Control method and more

Thanks for the warm feedback, guys!

We were considering - and still do - introducing other control methods that can be switched at pause. Yet, for the first release we came to the conclusion that from all of the available options, this should be likely the best and most natural.

We are considering the following options (in addition to the default method):

1. The virtual joystick at the bottom of the screen (or at any point of the screen).
2. The inverse control - like the default, yet you have to tap where below the rocket if you want to to thrust up.

We have no final decision at the moment and have postponed the new control methods introduction for some future. While now we are working on the new content, gameplay elements and splitting the levels (these 33 and new ones) into the worlds. These 33 levels will be the World 1.
04-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Out now on Google Play!

We do continue the work on a game and today we're going live on Google Play Store soon!

Last edited by dimitryfw; 04-13-2018 at 09:55 AM.
04-13-2018, 09:51 AM
New Thread dedicated to the Android/PlayStore version:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=318495
04-24-2018, 03:29 AM
Rocket Roll on GDWC 2018!

Rocket Roll is one of the nominees for this week's Fan Favorite in the Game Development World Championship.

We're on the same line with the heavyweights such as Glitch Dash! It's exciting to compete with such cool titles, and let the best go further. To vote, scroll the page down a bit and choose the one deserves to be the best!
https://thegdwc.com/
04-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Very nice. Controls seem like theyll need some getting used to.

Can we please get a mute for the music? Nothing wrong with it but some folks dont want music forced upon them. Im constantly baffled by the fact that this isnt a standard.

Also its a bit annoying to fail the moment you run out of fuel. I ran out just above the pad, failed the level and in the background my ship settled safely on the pad.

That aside its nice. I look forward to giving it a proper go if theres a music mute forthcoming and if so Id certainly be prepared to go for a little IAP of some type if you add something in down the road.
04-25-2018, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
I look forward to giving it a proper go if theres a music mute forthcoming and if so Id certainly be prepared to go for a little IAP of some type if you add something in down the road.
Thank you very much for the feedback! Valuable insights inside

If the lack of the mute option bothers the player, then we will add a mute option of course in the next release! This is just the beginning of the game lifecycle, and we are taking into the account what players ask for.

As of the fuel issue, this is a bit more complicated to decide. The possible option is to allow the rocket fall as it falls when the fuel is empty, and if it lands on a finish platform, then count it as a level pass. If it breaks down or just lands anywhere else, then game over. Do you think this can solve the issue?

I will notify here on the next update that will contain the mute option. We will put in on a Pause screen, and maybe on main also. Btw, is it better to allow to mute both music and fx, or music only?
04-25-2018, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitryfw View Post
As of the fuel issue, this is a bit more complicated to decide. The possible option is to allow the rocket fall as it falls when the fuel is empty, and if it lands on a finish platform, then count it as a level pass. If it breaks down or just lands anywhere else, then game over. Do you think this can solve the issue?

I will notify here on the next update that will contain the mute option. We will put in on a Pause screen, and maybe on main also. Btw, is it better to allow to mute both music and fx, or music only?
For the fuel, yes thats exactly as it should be in my opinion.

Regarding the muting, as in all things the more options you have the better. Certainly allow both to be muted independently, maybe even sliders. More choice the merrier!

Thanks for the response; great to see devs who crave feedback.