★ TouchArcade is in READ ONLY mode this weekend while we upgrade. Please support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tigrido
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 454.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $5.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A full-featured, story-based hardcore platformer with 50+ hours of gameplay and a speedrunner mode.

In January 1980, a young and ambitious treasure hunter finds an ancient sanctuary hidden in the depths of an impassable jungle.

While exploring the temple, he discovers untold riches and powerful ancient artifacts. However, getting out of the temple with the treasure turns out to be quite a challenge.

The sanctuary is full of intricate deadly traps and its dark labyrinths abound in bloodthirsty beasts hunting for new souls.

Multiple skeletons scattered here and there are a sign that the temple had been visited before, but let no one out alive. The protagonist has no other options but to do everything he can to avoid the fate of his predecessors.

Our hero is accompanied by a mysterious grumpy ghost and an ancient stingy genie. These two unworldly creatures gradually reveal the details of the terrible events that unfolded at the Temple of Spikes centuries ago.

Game features:
Hardcore gameplay
Intriguing storyline
25 characters with unique abilities
Battles with ruthless bosses
Time control: slowdown, time rewind
The hot-seat multiplayer mode up to 4 players.
30 levels

Gwarmaxx's comments:

Temple of Spikes: The Legend

Tigrido
Genres: Games Arcade Action
USD


Quote:
A full-featured, story-based hardcore platformer with 50+ hours of gameplay and a speedrunner mode.

In January 1980, a young and ambitious treasure hunter finds an ancient sanctuary hidden in the depths of an impassable jungle.

While exploring the temple, he discovers untold riches and powerful ancient artifacts. However, getting out of the temple with the treasure turns out to be quite a challenge.

The sanctuary is full of intricate deadly traps and its dark labyrinths abound in bloodthirsty beasts hunting for new souls.

Multiple skeletons scattered here and there are a sign that the temple had been visited before, but let no one out alive. The protagonist has no other options but to do everything he can to avoid the fate of his predecessors.

Our hero is accompanied by a mysterious grumpy ghost and an ancient stingy genie. These two unworldly creatures gradually reveal the details of the terrible events that unfolded at the Temple of Spikes centuries ago.

Game features:
— Hardcore gameplay
— Intriguing storyline
— 25 characters with unique abilities
— Battles with ruthless bosses
— Time control: slowdown, time rewind
— The hot-seat multiplayer mode — up to 4 players.
— 30 levels












Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G-iPad23G
  • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5-iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini-iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
  • iPadAir-iPadAir
  • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
  • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
  • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
  • iPhone6-iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
  • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
  • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
  • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
  • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
  • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
  • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
  • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
  • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
  • iPadPro-iPadPro
  • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
  • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
  • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
  • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
  • iPhone7-iPhone7
  • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus
  • iPad611-iPad611
  • iPad612-iPad612
  • iPad71-iPad71
  • iPad72-iPad72
  • iPad73-iPad73
  • iPad74-iPad74
  • iPhone8-iPhone8
  • iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus
  • iPhoneX-iPhoneX

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 449MB

02-26-2018, 08:29 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,252
Not out in the US yet.

02-26-2018, 08:35 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701
Posts: 3,556
wow guys, it's out!!!

i've played for some minutes and it's really good, controls are great and customizable in the options menu, grafx and music beautiful... i'am a huge fan of the old Pharaoh's Curse and Montezuma's Revenge on C64, so this kind of platforms with archeological backgrounds are my bread, and i'm loving also this one... my only concern is that seems to be very hard... i mean, love hard old school games of every genre, but this one is VERY HARDCORE!

however, welcome to every hard stuff

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 02-26-2018 at 08:39 PM.
02-26-2018, 08:58 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
wow guys, it's out!!!

i've played for some minutes and it's really good, controls are great and customizable in the options menu, grafx and music beautiful... i'am a huge fan of the old Pharaoh's Curse and Montezuma's Revenge on C64, so this kind of platforms with archeological backgrounds are my bread, and i'm loving also this one... my only concern is that seems to be very hard... i mean, love hard old school games of every genre, but this one is VERY HARDCORE!

however, welcome to every hard stuff
How long are the levels? Just wondering if it’s 30 short levels made into 50 hours just because they’re difficult.

When I first saw the screenshots, I was thinking it was a Metroidvania.
02-26-2018, 09:15 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701
Posts: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
How long are the levels? Just wondering if it’s 30 short levels made into 50 hours just because they’re difficult.

When I first saw the screenshots, I was thinking it was a Metroidvania.
not a metroidvania, it's a classic platformer, and the levels aren't short as i.e. League of Evil, actually they have more than one save point in-between different stages, and i saw the first three levels only... and yes, they're very hard!

but we love hardcore platformers, isn't it?
02-26-2018, 09:16 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 995
Anyone have a link?
02-26-2018, 09:21 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701
Posts: 3,556
02-26-2018, 09:35 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701
Posts: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
How long are the levels? Just wondering if it’s 30 short levels made into 50 hours just because they’re difficult.

When I first saw the screenshots, I was thinking it was a Metroidvania.


oh, i forgot to mention that in the first level you got the ability (not unlimited, obviously) to rewind time, so if you make a mistaken jump, you can rewind time and try to fix the trajectory... a really good feature that partially compensate the high difficulty.

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 02-26-2018 at 09:44 PM.
02-26-2018, 11:00 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,884
Any GameCenter?

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
02-26-2018, 11:18 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701
Posts: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Any GameCenter?
yeah, 66 achievements.