★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Solve challenges by making abstract art while unleashing your creativity. Playing as an art student striving to prove yourself, progress through the games narrative as you complete challenges. Push the boundaries of your artistic abilities, while tasked with creating familiar objects utilizing only a small color palate and limited shapes. Share your masterpieces with your friends through the online gallery and explore how others completed the same challenges while creating their own unique and personalized works of art.

Interactive and introspective, enjoy the journey of creating art in an unintimidating and pressure-free atmosphere as you freely explore your inner artist and flex your creative muscles.

Features:
A story mode with a narrative created to make art feel approachable
Designed to make art feel whimsical and pressure-free
Share your art with friends through the online gallery, and social media
Art style inspired by the famous painter Piet Mondrians use of color and lines
Ambient and dynamic original jazz soundtrack designed to create full artistic immersion
Free paint mode for artists looking for open expression
New challenges added regularly
Featured in the Smithsonian American Art Museum Arcade showcase

Boardumb's comments:

03-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Anyone pick this up or play it at a convention? I'm curious about it but I'm in the middle of a move right now and don't have a whole lot of time. Will pick it up later regardless, I just was hoping to hear some chatter.
03-02-2018, 04:58 PM
I would LOVE to be an artist.
03-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslan266 View Post
I would LOVE to be an artist.
I see you enjoy poverty and self-doubt! Excellent, welcome to the club. But seriously, you CAN be an artist - it's a learned skill like just about anything else. If you have that passion, just start drawing. Chances are there are life drawing and/or drink-and-draw meetups in your town and there are thousands of YouTube demonstration videos that are generally more helpful than most of my old college art classes.

One of the best pieces of advice a mentor gave me early on was to grab a pad of tracing paper and start tracing photos and artwork you like, then throw them away. They're not meant to be "art", but to build up muscle memory for drawing shapes, form, lighting, etc. It's surprisingly helpful. Good luck!