★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Yvonne Slagveld
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 179.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Spinkanoid is a "next generation" kind of retro game. Who doesn't remember the first games bouncing a ball up and down, breaking some bricks on the way. What about games shooting invaders out of space or the first arcade pinball game for your PC...

Inspired by some of these games from our childhood, we designed Spinkanoid for mobile devices. Spinkanoid is a little bit of all, elevated to a next level by adding modern 21st Century action and special FX effects...

Starting with 32 insane levels in the first release, the challenge is to gain a top rank on our Famous Hall of Fame with your best score. This is not an easy task, on the way you find a lot of Phone Droppers you have to master to succeed...

Don't Drop Your Phone Please!

Spinkanoid's comments:
Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Franco Palmieri, I'm the developer of Spinkanoid and my partner in crime is Yvonne Slagveld. We joined this forum to inform you about the release and we like to get Feedback about Spinkanoid on this forum or by email to make future updates and its successors even better, crazier and funnier then it is right now!

Last week, we published Spinkanoid at the App Stores! Yeeaahh! Spinkanoid has some unique features we didn't see in any other game and we like to share them with you, it would be a crime, not to do so...

I could tell you for hours about Spinkanoid, after all, I'm the developer, but the best way to discover all of its unique features and more is to see Spinkanoid in action, all you have to do is jump to the App Store right now and give it a try!

Because Spinkanoid is FREE, it won't cost a dime, just a bit of your time...

We have to warn you about our Phone Droppers, these are Power Ups that will rotate your screen 180 degrees. If you catch them, you might injure or break your Phone or crack your Screen:

YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE!
DOWNLOAD AND PLAY SPINKANOID AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Beta testers are welcome for testing future releases of Spinkanoid! You can apply for Beta testing only by mail, not on this forum please. Beta testers will be credited in Spinkanoid at the Credits Scene!

Please note, all references to Hillary and/or Donald in Spinkanoid are pure coincidence and anybody with such a name should not feel offended or nuke us...

Age: 13+ (See our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy for details)

Franco Palmieri & Yvonne Slagveld - Fronne
Bennebroek, The Netherlands (Europe)
info@fronne.nl
Don't Drop Your Phone Please!

03-02-2018, 03:02 AM
Hmmmm. Gave it a go as I like Arkanoid games . But all the menu screens before hand look very amateurish and it took a while to just get to the actual game. I would get rid o al the you may drop your phone stuff and get rid of the annoying woo hoo voice

03-02-2018, 03:27 AM
Who is Hillary?
03-02-2018, 04:12 AM
It mentions Donald and Hilary so theres a bit of a clue who it might be !
03-02-2018, 05:07 AM
@psj3809

Thank you so much for sharing this! This is valuable information! We have heard similar Feedback about the Menu Structure, so we are going to change that in the next Update...

There are a lot of options in the menu you can choose from, we want to keep the options available, so my first thought is to hide the options and create a sliding panel to show them...

We're working on it!
Stay Tuned...

Last edited by Spinkanoid; 03-02-2018 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Added @psj3809 in Title...
03-02-2018, 09:15 AM
I would have a simple menu with say start and options. Then if the user selects options you see all the available ones to you
03-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I would have a simple menu with say start and options. Then if the user selects options you see all the available ones to you
OK, I'll give it a try! I think, I know what you mean, I'm going to Play with it for a while and will come back on it when I can show some results!

Cheers!

Last edited by Spinkanoid; 03-02-2018 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Typo...
03-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Help from iPhone X Owners Please...

We had a report from a Lucky Dude with an iPhone X, he told us, he had no sound on his iPhone X with Spinkanoid (and some other Apps). I would appreciate it a lot, if some other Lucky Dudes with an iPhone X can test this for us...

Perhaps it is a problem with available resources or something. Every now and than, I have to restart my iPhone because I can't watch vids. After a restart, everything works fine again...

If anybody knows more about this problem (subject), please share it with us...

Thanks in advance!
03-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkanoid View Post
We had a report from a Lucky Dude with an iPhone X, he told us, he had no sound on his iPhone X with Spinkanoid (and some other Apps). I would appreciate it a lot, if some other Lucky Dudes with an iPhone X can test this for us...
Update from Lucky Dude: I have sound on my iPhone X now, don't know what happened, sorry!
We received one email confirming there's no problem with sound on the X...

Thnx!
03-23-2018, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Hmmmm. Gave it a go as I like Arkanoid games . But all the menu screens before hand look very amateurish and it took a while to just get to the actual game.
I had the same feedback from others too, Spinkanoid was too difficult and took too long before you could continue playing! I listened to the criticism and both points are taken care of. You can now continue playing within the level, after watching a Video Ad you immediately receive 5 extra lives and 2 minutes extra playing time!

The UI is changed a lot, Spinkanoid looks much better now is my personal "modest" opinion...

I have changed the App Store Icon so that you get an impression about Spinkanoid immediately...

Please take a brief look at version 1.0.4, I would love to hear from you again!
Perhaps you have some more suggestions for further improvements in version 1.0.5...

Thanks again!
Cheers!
Franco Palmieri - Fronne

Last edited by Spinkanoid; 03-23-2018 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Removed some words...