I'm mad as hell that this optional game exists!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by shining jade, Mar 1, 2018.

1. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Why Would I want this ONLINE locked app with iAP for points & some stupid 6.49$ in app monthly plan when i can go get the 5$ versions of the single apps that play FULLY OFFLINE!

With the freemium online junk you have been releasing lately I guess your starting to just get desperate i'll stick to buying your premiums only I WILL NEVER SUPPORT YOUR FREEMIUMS!

2. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Tell em

3. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    This.

4. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Member

Jan 4, 2017
    c-c-c-combo breaker !

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011

Preach it!

6. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

Finish him!!

7. saveria201

saveria201 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 7, 2017
    teacher/translator
    Japan
    Drag em

8. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Dramatic Finish!!... K.O.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yep, just like Netflix. A total scam. Don't they realize I can buy a DVD for a one time purchase, and then watch it whenever I want without an internet connection? Those people should be locked up for offering such a service.

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    A little bit of a stretch to compare a streaming service with thousands of movies to one that has a handful of games from the same publisher.

This is a pretty steep ask IMO.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah, that plus many exclusives and an ever growing library of movies and TV shows that you'll never have time to finish.

Compared to this fixed cost every month to play a small handful of games that you'll end up paying for the cost of all those games relatively quickly. You could easily STILL support that exact same company by just buying the premium offline versions.

12. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Thats it.

Fatality.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It's a new service, more games will be added. That said, I don't think this is a good value right now at all. Kairosoft has more than 40 games, so at 5 bucks apiece for the premium versions then maybe someday something like this will be a good deal. Plus you get minor additions like a persistent profile with achievements and leaderboards unique to this app, as well as a unique friend list where you can compete in each game. Plus a handful of moderately cool mini games and outfits and junk to personalize your profile avatar. Not my sort of thing but I'm sure other people will think it's cool.

Plus, I like the idea of companies who release tons of games consolidating them into a single hub app like this. I mean I don't see everyone flipping their shit about the Fighting Fantasy Classics app. I don't think it will be online or have a subscription service, but you do have to re-buy all the gamebooks you already own as standalone versions. Is there going to be a big circle jerk of people dumping on that app when it launches too?

Then do that! I already own every Kairo game so buying the subscription isn't for me. But is it really so bad that they're offering the OPTION to do it this way that people need to dogpile on the developer and pat each other on the backs for their sick roasts?

14. saveria201

saveria201 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 7, 2017
    teacher/translator
    Japan
    Yup. Thousands and thousands of choices available, some unique to the platform. Just. Like. Netflix.

Dude no. This is an awful, unattractive, strange release.

15. saveria201

saveria201 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 7, 2017
    teacher/translator
    Japan
    How many of the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks intended to be included in the one app hub are already f2p? Also, that developer hasn't stoked any negativity the way kairosoft has the past couple years have they...?

It's entirely in fans rights to mock a company's bad decisions. Nobody's patting each other on the back, we're relating to a poster who voiced similar feelings to our own. What made you so jaded?

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm not jaded. I'm just not super into the idea of losing my shit over an entirely optional ADDITIONAL way to play these games. Like I said, I already own all the premium versions. I have no reason to subscribe to the hub. But is it really so bad that they offer this additional way that you feel the need to publicly shit on them? I mean, get a grip. It's so hard to simply ignore that this exists and continue enjoying the paid versions of these games? It's more fun to act childish and elitist about it? I just don't get the appeal.

That original poster that everyone is so in love with irrationally and incoherently blasts ANY game that has an online connection requirement or is free to play. There is no nuance there, not "atta boys" for the ones who do it the right way. Just straight up "THIS GAME REQUIRES ONLINE AND/OR IS FREE TO PLAY YOU ARE A PIECE OF HUMAN SHIT" on every possible social platform there is.

If that's the sort of person you guys want to rally behind then God help you all.

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    "Ah yes, what a super reasonable person and totally normal way to behave. I will surely get behind this."

18. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    signed.

19. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    „Originally Posted by shining jade View Post
    I'm not paying for a wifi locked game you know what happens to wifi locked games when the servers go or they say hey we don't want to support you lose your game and your money so while I want it I'm not giving up till they make a offline mode and if they do they most like.y will net themselves tons of buyers me included !„

Absolutely valid point.

20. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    #20 shining jade, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Apparently mobile Toucharcade doesn't show these comments XD wow ..
    I thought my original comment was deleted so I reposted now i'm fixing and then i saw the rest yes I have a issue with online locked games I always will ...
    sorry ..
    I just believe that iOS can have great games, heck I have so many premium bought games even free games that have a full unlock but play offline ..
    I support Premium I Attack freemiums that are glue to wifi need.
    I only attack the ones I try out & then sadly find out they can only play online.

What the heck this was originally under Kairo Lands freemium app post uh is the forum being odd or is my Mobile/PC just beng odd