★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: My game disappeared from App Store?!

01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
My game disappeared from App Store?!

My game, Pajatzo, has just gone MIA on the App Store. You can't even find it using the search - it's gone. What makes matters worse, is that it was the number one app in the Finnish app store. And EVEN worse, is that the app is reaching the end of it's primary life cycle. It was going to fall of the top anyway. Now, when it comes back it will start at the bottom instead of the highly lucrative first spot.

At the moment I'm losing some twenty euros a day, but as this will likely kill any future sales (like it or not, top positions on the lists can be "milked" for some income whether it's US or Finland), this disappearance is potentially worth hundreds of euros. Might not sound like a lot to many, but for me it is.

What should I do? iTunes connect says the app is "Ready for sale" as always. Today I did change the price of the app, but if I knew I'd be removed from App Store for that, I'd have steered clear of any price changes.

PS After Pajatzo was removed from Finnish App Store, iFart took the top spot here as well. Oh the humanity!!

Wooden Labyrinth 3D - Apple Design Award winner!
Multitask Madness - test your brain, challenge your friends!
Need quality iPhone consulting or custom applications? Check out my company's website at Qvik.fi!
01-01-2009, 02:35 PM
shouldn't this be in the developer forum?

01-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Yikes.. That's not good.. Try submitting an "update" with "minor bug fixes" and see what happens. It might work...
01-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVp View Post
What should I do? iTunes connect says the app is "Ready for sale" as always. Today I did change the price of the app, but if I knew I'd be removed from App Store for that, I'd have steered clear of any price changes.

PS After Pajatzo was removed from Finnish App Store, iFart took the top spot here as well. Oh the humanity!!
It'll come back after a few hours. It disappeared 100% due to the price change. It's happened before to me too.
01-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlue View Post
It'll come back after a few hours. It disappeared 100% due to the price change. It's happened before to me too.
It seems other games have gone missing as well. (ngmoco's "sale" games at least) I guess many have changed their prices after the holidays. Well, one less thing to stress about.

Need quality iPhone consulting or custom applications? Check out my company's website at Qvik.fi!
01-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Try updating the availability date for your App in iTunes Connect to January 1st, 2009. When you updated the price of your app, the availability date likely got reset (2008 is no longer an option)

Hope that works for you & let us know how things worked out.

--- Neil (ngmoco)
01-02-2009, 01:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
The link to AppShopper is still there.

Link
01-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmoco - Neil View Post
Try updating the availability date for your App in iTunes Connect to January 1st, 2009. When you updated the price of your app, the availability date likely got reset (2008 is no longer an option)

Hope that works for you & let us know how things worked out.

--- Neil (ngmoco)
You are currently my personal hero. My god, I've always hated itunes connect for its non-Ajax implementation but that is a downright bug. Without you, my app would have returned December 3rd this year. I like how it doesn't even warn you that "this will remove your app from app store, you fool". I can't believe most anyone to do that on purpose, so such a warning should definitely be in place.

Thanks again, I hope pajatzo didn't sink too far from the top when it returns. (as if )

01-02-2009, 05:37 AM
KamiCrazy and Blackbeard's Assault are also MIA. I'll let the devs know.