★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Read Only Memories: Type-M is a cyberpunk thriller that imagines the challenges of tomorrow through the adventure games of yesterday.

When the worlds first sapient machine falls in with a struggling journalist, the unlikely duo find themselves drawn into the dark places that hide behind the dazzling lights of Neo-San Francisco. The secrets they discover could shake the very foundations of society, and some people would stop at nothing to keep them quiet.

Explore a colorful future metropolis, meet fascinating characters, and uncover a deadly conspiracy. Think carefully about your choicesyou never know how they will affect events further down the line.

Features:
- Free first chapter lets you try before you buy
- Old-school adventure gaming inspired by 90s classics
- Branching plotlines, complex character interactions, and multiple endings
- Stunning pixel art and catchy electronic soundtrack
- Enhanced for mobile, including an improved interface
- Includes a free sticker pack for iMessage featuring Turing

metalcasket's comments:

03-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Out in the US 5 hours and 21 minutes from the time of this post.

Full game unlock is $5.99

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

03-05-2018, 09:37 PM
GAH. Another one for my backlog. Haven't gotten to this one on any console yet.

iPhone X Silver 256gb ATT / iPad Pro LTE 128 12.9" & 9.7"
Apple Watch Sport Series 0 / Switch / Vita / n3DS / PS4 / PS3
Animal Crossing: 6648 4943 739 / Pixelle
03-06-2018, 04:49 AM
Though absolutely not my genre, the pixel art style and the very intriguing description made me curious. Unfortunately it's only ios 11. Pity.
Since i don't wanna lose the TA app, i won't upgrade atm.
03-06-2018, 05:54 AM
Missing out on some good games! The apps not that important is it ?

Had a quick go. Love the retro art style and I think Ill probably unlock this for sure. Just play a bit more. So far so good
03-06-2018, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Missing out on some good games! The apps not that important is it ?

Had a quick go. Love the retro art style and I think Ill probably unlock this for sure. Just play a bit more. So far so good
Its not. Lol. Actually using the toucharcade mobile website has turned out better and all you have to do is save it to your home screen and you have an app icon that works as if it was the app. Notifications is really the only difference, and technically it is possible to set up your phone to notify you when there are updates to the TA website but I didnt bother as it involved installing another app and then Inputting some commands in to it that linked TA home and specific forum addresses to the app, THEN the app would send out a notification. But if anyone is interested the article on how to do it is on TA somewhere, lol its back before iOS 11 they were trying to help people who were gonna upgrade replace the loss of their TA app. So the article is probably somewhere between July and September 2017.
03-06-2018, 06:16 AM
Meh I did the leg work for anyone interested
How to continue getting toucharcade push notifications in iOS 11
http://toucharcade.com/2017/09/19/ho...ons-in-ios-11/
03-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Glad to see more devs taking advantage of the free to try model!
03-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbagga84 View Post
Its not. Lol. Actually using the toucharcade mobile website has turned out better and all you have to do is save it to your home screen and you have an app icon that works as if it was the app. Notifications is really the only difference, and technically it is possible to set up your phone to notify you when there are updates to the TA website but I didnt bother as it involved installing another app and then Inputting some commands in to it that linked TA home and specific forum addresses to the app, THEN the app would send out a notification. But if anyone is interested the article on how to do it is on TA somewhere, lol its back before iOS 11 they were trying to help people who were gonna upgrade replace the loss of their TA app. So the article is probably somewhere between July and September 2017.
Apart from the notifications I use the TA-app for price alerts, which there is no solution for, as far as I know. If anyone has any solution for that, I'ld be happy to hear!

If more and more of these apps require ios11 and more pre-order discounts are given (also only on ios11), then I might upgrade.

This one looks right up my alley, I'll add it to the wishlist for now.
03-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Though absolutely not my genre, the pixel art style and the very intriguing description made me curious. Unfortunately it's only ios 11. Pity.
Since i don't wanna lose the TA app, i won't upgrade atm.
Same here. I value the TA app over everything-iOS11 so far