COCAPULT - Pelt coconuts at sea-life from a bendy palm tree.
Sailing across the glittering expanse, your ship is dragged to the depths by a writhing mass of tentacles.
You paddle to shore and surrounded by the local inhabitants, a single palm tree heavy with coconuts sways in the wind.
COCAPULT is an arcade platformer in which you pelt a relentless tide of jellyfish and other wildlife with coconuts.
Plenty of Fish in the Sea: A variety of different enemy types from air and sea to tackle!
Gifts from the deep: Drag floating crates back to shore and unleash coconut powerups!
Every Coconut Counts: Bouncing coconuts off multiple enemies will make your ammo go further and bag you more points!
I've currently been working on this project for just over a week and have been making some solid progress so far! My aim is to get it submitted to Apple by the end of April and make this a significantly quicker turnaround in comparison to my previous project, Corporate Salmon.
Here's what I've achieved so far:
- Basic gameplay implemented (Seamless movement methods + Catapult function)
- Difficulty curve constructed
- Tutorial/Story Intro implemented
- Mobile user interface implemented
- 3 powerups + crate dragging
- Enemy hit multiplier
- Game over/high score screen
Here's what I intend to implement over the next 2 months:
- Wave system
- Upgrade window
- Boss battle
- At least 2 other enemy types
- 2 other power-ups
- Trajectory line projection
- Challenge bonuses
- Notifications system
- Control refinement
- Music/audio implementation
- Device scaling/optimisation
- iMessenger Sticker packs (optional)
A lot of the above systems were created in my last project, Corporate Salmon so should make dealing with them in this project a lot easier!
Keep an eye on this thread for more updates coming soon!