★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Runestone Keeper

By Blackfire

EDITORS CHOICE - APP OF THE YEAR 2015, Creativity Award, SLIDE DB
BEST GAMEPLAY WINNER - 2014 Unity Awards, Greater China
Featured by Steam
Featured by Mac App Store

"A great casual roguelite/puzzle experience for those that love games that you can play in short bursts. All the unlockables will keep dragging you back."
- Roguelikes (Steam Curators)

"Addictive, smart and punishing puzzle/dungeon crawler. Lots to master and unlock but you're always challenged. Improves upon its inspiration, Dungelot."
- Original Curators Group (Steam Curators)

"An absolutely addictive puzzler, having that sublime 'one more turn!' feeling. And before you know it, hours has passed by."
- Nefer (Gamer)

"You can eat pizza with one hand and play this video game with the other. It's good."
- Megerz (Gamer)

Runestone Keeper is a challenging roguelike to roguelite dungeon crawler that blends classic role playing elements and turn-based combat strategy.
Dive into the dungeon roguelite-ness and begin your very own epic adventure! Grab your rucksack, sharpen those dusty swords, step into the dark chamber and fight for glory!

== Features ==

Randomly Generated Dungeon Elements Almost everything is generated differently each time you start a new 'run' to ensure a unique experience!

Prefix and Suffix Based Equipment Loot comes with random yet rare prefixes and suffixes. Combat, collect and combine for an ultimate killer suit!

Diverse Monster Mixes - Tread lightly, or be ganged upon by monsters with complementary abilities that might drive you crazy.

Items, Traps, Devices and Events - Opportunities for a favorable turn even at the most desperate moment. Choose wisely and use unwelcoming surroundings to your advantage!

Heroes and Goddesses Create your heros attributes build! Sacrifice to receive your mighty Gods blessing (and later betray him to check out his fury)!

Modes and Leaderboards - Multiple modes to choose from. Check yourself among all the dungeon adventurers in a global ranking system.

A Challenging Experience - Prepare to have a tragic (not to mention permanent) death.

Follow us on Twitter @runestonekeeper

=== Major Update ===

Introducing new heroes Morte and Dellamorey.
Morte from the graveyard and Dellamorey who works in the graveyard has now joined Runestone Keeper as the latest heroes, along with varies antiques and items digged from the graveyard!

= New items =

Bomb
Deals ATK equivalent damage to all monsters

Soul Lantern
+ (Soul * 5) Experience

Magiclust Worm
+ (Magic * 10) Life

Black Fire Blade
Deals memory loss to one monster and lose its skills

Strange box monster
Transforms two other items into soul

Goblin in bottle
Summons a goblin which attacks virulently another monster

Pocket watch
Kills one elite monster

Medusa's skull
Petrifies all monsters on the screen

Gravedigger's shovel
Digs a square

Forsaken Skull
Reduces 50% attack power of all monsters

= New skills =

Revenge
Undertake next attack but returns double damage to the attacking monster

Piercing wind
Removes the shield of 1-5 random monsters on the screen

Prophet
Locates 1-5 monsters or traps on the map

Also an important hidden feature has been added to the game, now players will be able seek info on our next product in the game.
03-13-2018, 07:55 AM
So is this just ftp version of original?

03-13-2018, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
So is this just ftp version of original?
The original app disappeared from the App Store. It appears that this version provides an upgrade to the full version via IAP.
03-14-2018, 01:48 PM
I just experienced some weirdness. I was making a run in Chaos Mode (not sure how that's different from normal) but as I traversed to the 5th level or so I was greeted by what appeared to be some yes/no dialog box in Japanese. Neither hitting the green or red buttons seems to do anything so I'm essentially stuck on the screen.

UPDATE:
I see they released a hotfix patch so now I no longer get the Japanese dialog box, it's now in English. The catch being there isn't any text but the "Tip" at the top border and hitting either the "Ok" or "Cancel" buttons at the bottom do nothing. The only way to proceed, again, is to force quit out and start a new game.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 03-14-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: UPDATE
03-14-2018, 10:35 PM
This game needs a portrait mode and maybe a zoom option.

Last edited by vectorarchitekt; 03-14-2018 at 10:39 PM.
03-15-2018, 09:34 AM
Weird this game is not new I played this before
03-15-2018, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
Weird this game is not new I played this before
I get it that folks don’t want to bother reading along thread, but this one has only 6 posts, and the explanation is almost immediately above yours.
03-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I get it that folks dont want to bother reading along thread, but this one has only 6 posts, and the explanation is almost immediately above yours.
What makes me a little nervous is that there is no mention of this rerelease anywhere in their long abandoned social media nor does it appear to be the same publisher so is this even official?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-16-2018, 11:27 AM
Blank Tips window

I keep having a blank Tips window popping up and I can click Ok or Cancel or anywhere on the screen to get it to go away. Any suggestions? I have closed the app and started a new run but it comes up after a couple floors
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	7
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	119633  
03-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I just experienced some weirdness. I was making a run in Chaos Mode (not sure how that's different from normal) but as I traversed to the 5th level or so I was greeted by what appeared to be some yes/no dialog box in Japanese. Neither hitting the green or red buttons seems to do anything so I'm essentially stuck on the screen.

UPDATE:
I see they released a hotfix patch so now I no longer get the Japanese dialog box, it's now in English. The catch being there isn't any text but the "Tip" at the top border and hitting either the "Ok" or "Cancel" buttons at the bottom do nothing. The only way to proceed, again, is to force quit out and start a new game.
I am also having this issue