★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "My dream is to become the best monster chef in the world!"
"Hahaha, how naive you are!"
"People without dreams might laugh, but I know my dream will take me to infinity and beyond!"

[Story]
At first look, the world you see may seem to be nothing out of the ordinary. Look beneath the surface however, and you'll find an unimaginable place filled with strange, dangerous, and delicious creatures.

The Society of Dark Cuisine is an ancient and mysterious organization comprised of brave adventurers willing to explore the unexplored and to taste the untasted. With the help of the mystical Sootsoot, they seek out and capture strange monsters in order to farm their divine ingredients.

And what do they do with these ingredients? Cook, of course! Back up above, the Sootsoot sell delicious meals to surface dwellers, raking in as much profit as possible to further expand underground. The Society of Dark Cuisine has operated for centuries, yet no one knows exactly who they are or what their ultimate goal might actually be...

[Personalized Service]
https://www.facebook.com/CoconutislandStudio.com/
https:///twitter.com/coconut_island
Email: contact@coconut.is

[Game Features]
**This game will satisfy your curiosity while at the same time leave you feeling like you aren't curious enough!**
Stylish, cute, and humorous (in its own special way).
A mixture of freshly squeezed brains and weirdly imaginative characters.
Incredible recipes created by the one and only Society of Dark Cuisine.
Relaxing yet challenging strategic entertainment.

1. Wacky and wild: Innovate designs for a variety of weird monsters with vivid and imaginative animations. Every monster plays differently!
2. Roguelike: Plenty of content and areas to explore with loads of resources to collect. Every step you take is filled with hidden and unexpected danger. Every map is different!
3. Innovative cooking system: Cook any dish with any recipe you can think of! Combine various ingredients and discover better recipes for each dish!
4. Suspenseful concealed plot: With a rich quest system, each dialog you engage in contains hidden clues. Each player will discover their own story in Monster Chef!

KeKhan's comments:

Monster Chef

Coconut Island Games Limited
Genres: Games Simulation Strategy
USD

Quote:
"My dream is to become the best monster chef in the world!"
"Hahaha, how naive you are!"
"People without dreams might laugh, but I know my dream will take me to infinity and beyond!"

[Story]
At first look, the world you see may seem to be nothing out of the ordinary. Look beneath the surface however, and you'll find an unimaginable place filled with strange, dangerous, and delicious creatures.

The Society of Dark Cuisine is an ancient and mysterious organization comprised of brave adventurers willing to explore the unexplored and to taste the untasted. With the help of the mystical Sootsoot, they seek out and capture strange monsters in order to farm their divine ingredients.

And what do they do with these ingredients? Cook, of course! Back up above, the Sootsoot sell delicious meals to surface dwellers, raking in as much profit as possible to further expand underground. The Society of Dark Cuisine has operated for centuries, yet no one knows exactly who they are or what their ultimate goal might actually be...

[Personalized Service]
https://www.facebook.com/CoconutislandStudio.com/
https:///twitter.com/coconut_island
Email: contact@coconut.is

[Game Features]
**This game will satisfy your curiosity while at the same time leave you feeling like you aren't curious enough!**
Stylish, cute, and humorous (in its own special way).
A mixture of freshly squeezed brains and weirdly imaginative characters.
Incredible recipes created by the one and only Society of Dark Cuisine.
Relaxing yet challenging strategic entertainment.

1. Wacky and wild: Innovate designs for a variety of weird monsters with vivid and imaginative animations. Every monster plays differently!
2. Roguelike: Plenty of content and areas to explore with loads of resources to collect. Every step you take is filled with hidden and unexpected danger. Every map is different!
3. Innovative cooking system: Cook any dish with any recipe you can think of! Combine various ingredients and discover better recipes for each dish!
4. Suspenseful concealed plot: With a rich quest system, each dialog you engage in contains hidden clues. Each player will discover their own story in Monster Chef!

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 194.7MB

03-14-2018, 03:38 PM
Was watching this for a while no longer needing to watch looks awesome but of course it needs wifi.
There are plenty of cooking like games on iOS this just looked different & unique but if it needs wifi guess it's just like the other freemiums. No thanks..

Beta Tested: Way too many to list being a tester is so much fun!
Beta Testing now: Ark BrightRidge HD

03-14-2018, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shining jade View Post
Was watching this for a while no longer needing to watch looks awesome but of course it needs wifi.
There are plenty of cooking like games on iOS this just looked different & unique but if it needs wifi guess it's just like the other freemiums. No thanks..
Why do you have such a problem with connectivity requirements when it seems like you're able to be online 24/7 to complain about connectivity requirements?
03-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Why do you have such a problem with connectivity requirements when it seems like you're able to be online 24/7 to complain about connectivity requirements?

Games Like this shouldn't have WiFi Required connection its only because its mobile! Correction because its iOS/Android & they can get away with it because the Appstore lets in that kind of stuff & doesn't have the care that Nintendo Eshop has.

MMO, Social Networking App, Virtual World.. They can have WiFi Locks makes sense I wouldn't bash Runescape if it came to iOS why becuase its a legit MMO..

This a like a Knock off game of Adventure Bar Story & if that had proper iPad support I would be back playing it but instead I look for similar games this looked fun and similar if bar story doesn't need WiFi WHY DOES THIS ??
why they wanna protect there game -_-
Don't try to give me that lecture you can protect your games from hackers without making it online locked..

I am Trying to Fight for Decent Offline games while its seeming pointless, I will continue to keep fighting!

Hey I understand no body wants a Mobile ecosystem like Nintendo Switch, One that can be brought Anywhere's with no WiFi need, one that has Many decent Premium games, also many ports that other mobiles don't get, but while pricey you get quality & care.

They want Free games ones that are quick to play, With most having with energy based timers & WiFi locks and these games eventually get boring & become a waste of space & get deleted or put in a folder for a day your bored & want to go in and click a few mins..

I have a iPad I want to utilize it, I see this Monster Chef game, a decent looking freemium game, then find out it needs WiFi it ticked me off! So as I said Prior As long as I have a iOS & get games that look interesting then find out its WiFi Locked, I will come here & Find the Dev and state my frustration !

Feel bad for data players not realizing this game needs wifi

03-14-2018, 09:08 PM
and this is the same person that complains about free to play and will refuse to play them. So basically if the game needs wifi and free to play you wont play it. You are serious limiting yourself to what you can play on app store these days.

EA mobile Game Changer member + Streamer
03-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
and this is the same person that complains about free to play and will refuse to play them. So basically if the game needs wifi and free to play you wont play it. You are serious limiting yourself to what you can play on app store these days.
I play freemiums I have bunch of them and 4 i've paid in apps to support them only because they run offline though i don't support freemiums with wifi locks i have played wifi locked games but i tend to hate them.

03-14-2018, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shining jade View Post
Games Like this shouldn't have WiFi Required connection its only because its mobile!
Please note, I'm not attacking your dislike of freemium games, nor am I defending predatory F2P mechanics. Please, by all means, continue to avoid them, it doesn't matter to me.

My question is: Why are you preaching to the converted here on Touch Arcade? We don't need a lengthy rant about the evils of F2P game design every time a new one comes out. You're not fighting anything, you're just clogging the forums with one-note diatribes and I can guarantee that you're not going to move the needle on mobile games requiring internet connections.

You fundamentally don't understand why developers often require internet connections, and neither do you understand why Nintendo makes the choices that they do with their hardware and online services. You're screaming into the void.

If you would like to take this conversation to PMs, I'll gladly provide a free education on the realities of game development and running live service games from personal experience.
03-14-2018, 11:15 PM
WHY wont this game allow us to play ?
My game just says trying to connect to server the entire time

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build
03-15-2018, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
WHY wont this game allow us to play ?
My game just says trying to connect to server the entire time
Me too!!! I've been trying since earlier today
03-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Same here! Looks fun but can't get past the connecting...it would be nice for some gamecenter options as I don't have FB and never will...