★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Change in the Forum

03-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Change in the Forum

This was posted by Eli in monster chef i wanted to respone but after reading this felt it better not to game but talk about this in general thread.

"The problem with “letting people air their fair opinions and grievances as consumers on a public forum“ when it comes to the same old rants over and over is that has effectively completely destroyed these forums. My biggest regret with the TouchArcade community is not getting in front of all this and stopping it before it took over.

Years ago when a new game came out, the thread would be filled with first impressions and other people talking about playing the actual game. Now, far too many threads are completely derailed by arguments about free to play systems and connectivity requirements which quite honestly have nothing to do with what this game is even about.

In letting the lunatics run the asylum here with this sort of thing they’ve completely chased anyone away that might want to talk about the actual game. If you found this thread on Google because you’re excited about Monster Chef and wanted to talk strategy with other players... Well, too bad, this thread just instantly got dumped on. It’s super tiring, and incredibly unfortunate how things have evolved over the years. Developers largely don’t even bother posting here anymore as folks aren’t excited about talking to the creators of these games, instead they want them to answer for their crimes.

It’s absurd. But, I’ve posted this same thing many times before and no one cares so I’m not sure why this time would be any different."

EA mobile Game Changer member + Streamer
03-19-2018, 03:19 PM
I have admit what Eli says true i have been around these forums since i owned a iphone 4 and seen the change in the forums for my own eyes.

I look back at monster chief and put my hands up at getting into the argument over wifi connection and should of just not replied to it.

In all honest when you look at Monster Chief thread there is indeed very little if any about the actually game itself instead its us arguing over the connection and then arguing over who was right or wrong in bringing the subject in the first place.

I myself in future will try to stick to just posting about the games and have this general arguments of wifi or IAP in general.

03-19-2018, 05:49 PM
In short people suck, I discovered that as a kid and I am right till this day.
03-20-2018, 04:04 AM
People aint so bad; it’s probably just “kick the cat” syndrome which around these fourms has morphed into “kick the developer”. Not much fun for cats and developers though.
03-20-2018, 04:17 AM
A lot of the threads get boring questions as people ask about 20 things before they decide whether to spend 99c or not. 'Does it have game centre achievements?' 'Can i use an MFI controller?' 'Is it iphone x optimised ?' over and over. Just buy the game for 1 dollar.

When these people are older and try to buy a house for a 'bit more money' I dread to think the 80000 questions they'll be asking then !

Theres still a lot of 'gems' in the app store coming out but its not the same as it was in the 'old' days. I was spending loads weekly as there were so many good games out. Only good thing is it gives me time to play my older games which i might have ignored a bit due to the flood of games.

Been interesting the recent news articles, lots of good future games coming out (Specially from Crescent Moon)
03-20-2018, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
A lot of the threads get boring questions as people ask about 20 things before they decide whether to spend 99c or not. 'Does it have game centre achievements?' 'Can i use an MFI controller?' 'Is it iphone x optimised ?' over and over. Just buy the game for 1 dollar.

When these people are older and try to buy a house for a 'bit more money' I dread to think the 80000 questions they'll be asking then !

Theres still a lot of 'gems' in the app store coming out but its not the same as it was in the 'old' days. I was spending loads weekly as there were so many good games out. Only good thing is it gives me time to play my older games which i might have ignored a bit due to the flood of games.

Been interesting the recent news articles, lots of good future games coming out (Specially from Crescent Moon)
Well said, better than that what I said ha ha.
03-20-2018, 11:51 AM
When most times the posts go into the usually chat about how they hate IAP or something else that been covered time and again and not actually talk about the game itself you can see why people or developers just dont brother coming to the forums like they did

03-20-2018, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post

I think those questions are legit and they wouldn’t be asked if the humble devs would give the proper and relevant info in their app description. MFI for example is really old by now. Why am I as a consumer supposed to investigate like Sherlock Holmes for those things? It’s beyond my imagination.
03-21-2018, 06:27 AM
Granted devs should put details on the description - i mean often the screenshots of an app are dire, you cant work out if theres on screen controls or not

As for achievements thats more my rant - i dont get why people want these things. I'm old skool where if you turn off the machine you lose your score etc. Fair enough people may like them but i cant believe when i see people refuse to buy a game unless theres achievements, find that crazy
03-21-2018, 10:48 AM
This summarized it for me:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=317753

Although, I still love this place. I was a lurker FOREVER and have recently only started posting so you guys must be doing something right : )

Dave

Rawr! For A Reason - Our first game "Undie Rush" is coming soon - 50% of profits from our free games goes to charity