★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Design your own hero in this tactical RPG!

Story:
As the war over ancient Relics continues to rage, there's fame and fortune to be made; especially for a band of mercenaries like yours.

Lead your band of heroes on various quests and to victory! Manage resources, unlock new job classes and uncover powerful relics to become renowned through out the land of Tevalles.

Gameplay:
Chrono Clash is a tactics RPG with a unique turn-based system that uses time as a resource. Powerful skills may deal higher damage but take longer to recover from leaving the user open to attack.

Move about the battlefield to flank enemies (or attack them from behind) and deal critical strikes. But beware, that aggressive positioning could leave you in a vulnerable position as well.

Choose from 20 unique job classes : classics like the Knight and Mage as well as new unique ones like the Dark Templar and Artificer. Equipment and skills can also be mixed and matched creating hundreds of tactical options.

Player feedback is welcome via the official game forum: https://forum.gamenami.com/viewforum.php?f=67

JWONG's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-21-2018, 02:21 AM
I wonder, how long the developers were thinking about the name of the game...

03-21-2018, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsiderus View Post
I wonder, how long the developers were thinking about the name of the game...
The name is like a cross between CHRONO Trigger and final fantasy tactics ha
03-21-2018, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
The name is like a cross between CHRONO Trigger and final fantasy tactics ha
And what about Clash thingy?
03-21-2018, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsiderus View Post
And what about Clash thingy?
clash of clans ha
03-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
clash of clans ha
1: Every developer is struggling to get attention. If that means using some familiar words on the title, is that really so terrible? I mean, why does anyone put “ dragon” on a game title?

2. If you’re gonna be snarky, how about also saying something about the game itself? Especially when it’s clearly a legitimate effort.

I’ve spent a little time with this and so far it’s intriguing — like a Wavelight game without all the clunkiness. I’ll dig deeper and report later.
03-21-2018, 10:55 PM
In brief, this a F2P with a very final fantasy tactics tbs combat system.

You can tell the game designer is a fan of FFT, even the opening stage (tutorial stage) is almost an exact re-staging of FFT's opening stage: A paladin and a mercenary defending an important female character in front of a monastery against a band of ill intention troops. A cheeky homage probably.

Generally here are my thoughts in point form after 20-30 minute of gameplay

- Nice gameplay and mechanics for the number crunchers (tactics / jrpg fans)
- Character designs not my cuppa, some (armor) design doesnt seem very coherent (eg, the apothecary outfit looks so bright)
- Outside combat it's a typical f2p rpg trapping. Gatcha for equipments/skills.
- Taking on Quests drops you straight into battle, each last no more than a few minutes, that's a plus
- Story / dialogues leave much to be desired, I cant tell if they are going for fantasy or satire, probably both.
- Outside combat UI can be a little confusing with a whole bunch of menus and a whole loads of numbers (I know this caters to the number crunchers, but some navigation and information presentation feels too crowded)
- Given the customization options (equipments are reflected visually), has potential for the characters to look cool probably in later game.

Conclusion:
Good for those into tactics genre, but can use more polish visually. Might had been better if they had gone for a different art direction
03-22-2018, 12:51 AM
Still a better story than the Unsung Story.
03-22-2018, 03:56 AM
I'm really digging this game so far, it feels pretty original and not like all the other cookie cutter social rpg's brought over from the east. One of the better games I've downloaded in a while. I'll update if I find some stuff I don't like because I tend to post bitching more than anything lol
03-22-2018, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
1: Every developer is struggling to get attention. If that means using some familiar words on the title, is that really so terrible? I mean, why does anyone put dragon on a game title?

2. If youre gonna be snarky, how about also saying something about the game itself? Especially when its clearly a legitimate effort.

Ive spent a little time with this and so far its intriguing like a Wavelight game without all the clunkiness. Ill dig deeper and report later.
I think it's entirely reasonable to make fun of the title. It's the trade-off a developer makes by knowingly mashing a bunch of familiar words together - they'll get some interest from people interested in those titles, but they'll also get some pushback because of the super generic (or arguably even misleading in some cases) nature of their title.

I'm sure people will start giving proper impressions of the game over time too, and I hope they do. I'm considering trying it myself but several things put me off, including the title - so again, it's reasonable to complain about.