★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pop Chill, worth getting?

01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,208
Pop Chill, worth getting?

I've heard good things about the game Pop on the app store. They recently realeased Pop Chill which contains the "chill" mode from the full version. It's only $0.99. So my question is, is it worth it, or is the full thing the best bet?

Link:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301006800&mt=8
01-01-2009, 03:48 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ;)
Posts: 2,632
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
I've heard good things about the game Pop on the app store. They recently realeased Pop Chill which contains the "chill" mode from the full version. It's only $0.99. So my question is, is it worth it, or is the full thing the best bet?

Link:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301006800&mt=8
Pop is alright, but if you have a Wii, I advise to just get the WiiWare version.
01-01-2009, 03:49 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Pop is alright, but if you have a Wii, I advise to just get the WiiWare version.
Is the wii version any different? I have a wii btw.
01-01-2009, 03:53 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ;)
Posts: 2,632
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Is the wii version any different? I have a wii btw.
I like it better. Its not much different, it has a few more levels, but the larger playing area offered by the Wii is the killer, IMO. The iPhone version is pretty good, but since you have a Wii, just get that. You won't miss it while you are gone. It is still worth the full $5 if you want it on the iPhone.

EDIT: If you play it on the iPhone you'll see that it would be better with the Wiimote.
01-01-2009, 09:10 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 597
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
If you like Pop then get it. For me I didn't like both of them :P