Universal Arcane Quest Legends - Action RPG Hack&Slash - [TestFlight - ALPHA]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lordnedox, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    #1 lordnedox, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Hello to everybody,

I would like to introduce the upcoming successor in the Arcane Quest series. The game is a spin-off on the main series, taking away from the classing turn-based strategic combat and bringing the player a full Action-RPG Hack&Slash title.

Can I try it?
    Sure! Any kind of feedback, good or bad, is highly appreciated. The game is available on TestFlight, so just drop me a message with your Apple account and you will be added to the beta testers group.

What's the gameplay?
    With the risk of sounding blasphemous, the main idea was to bring a Diablo-like game to mobile. This is NOT an arena based action RPG, you will have to collect new quests and travel across the game world fighting hordes of enemies, with the freedom to go back to areas already visited or explore every area to find hidden quests.

What's the current status?
    The gameplay itself is in an advanced status of development. However, only the first of the 6 acts is completed.
    There are a few major features currently missing:
    - Enemies AI (strategic positioning, retreats etc.) and enemies spell casting is still in progress
    - The spells tree for the hero is still at approx. 30% of what it will be in the final release

Any specific requirements?
    The game is extremely optimized, with options to lower the quality settings from the game menu. It has been tested on iPhone 6 at high quality, and on a 4-years old iPod touch with low quality. Both running at a minimum of 30 FPS per second.

And finally here are some screenshots for you, taken directly from the mobile version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IcyChan

IcyChan Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Wow this game looking great. I have many free times these days and I was boring, I can play and test this game for a long time if you invite me

[email protected]

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Look who's back! Great to see you are working on another Arcane Quest title, looking forward to it.
    The screenshots look very promising, I particularly like the 3rd from top, with the big Stone Golem (?) drawing all the attention.

Do you have a rough estimate of a release date already? As in, still this year, or later?

4. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Hi J., it's sure nice to be back!

This project started approx. one year and half ago, there was some talking in one of the Arcane Quest threads about the possibility of a Diablo-Like game, and here it is!
    I would lie if I said I knew a probable release date. The thing is that the amount of work to create a game of this magnitude is way over the capabilities of a single person. However, most of the dirty job has been done, the story line has already been written, the numerous environments have been selected and now it's a matter of putting all together and design the levels of the remaining 5 acts.

I'm seriously considering to release the game with only the first 3 acts, and complete the rest in the following months. In this case, a 4 to 6 months release period would be plausible.

Cheers

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Sounds good, thanks for the fast reply. And yes, I - vaguely - remember that idea floating around ;)
    Episodic releases are done sometimes, so I see no reason why you couldn't do it like this. I'd even go so far as to suggest having the current 3 acts as base game, and offer anything after that as episodic release IAPs.

6. Zuke

Zuke Active Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Indie dev stole my life.
    Paris
    Wow, looks great!
    I'd be curious to know how you organized your team behind this project! Funding ? Full time ? Lots of teammates ? :)

Wish you the best!

7. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Hi Zuke,
    I do everything on my own on my spare time, except for the 2D graphics art you can see on the menus, the buttons etc. And also for the story line I hire someone because I have no imagination nor skills whatsoever.

Doesn't mean it's easy though, I worked in IT for 18 years :p

Cheers

8. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

9. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    I'm adding all the requests to the beta testers group.

Please allow for 1 or 2 days for the beta to become available, as I forgot to submit for review ahead. You will be notified by e-mail once the beta becomes available on TestFlight.

Thank you all,
    Cheers

10. dreamboyn81

dreamboyn81 New Member

Dec 21, 2017
    #10 dreamboyn81, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  11. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Done, and I can confirm the App is already available for download in Testflight. Let me have your feedback if you give it a try,

Cheers

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not sure if you saw my PM. [email protected]. Thanks!

13. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
  14. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    You're good to go! Let me know what you think!

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I’ll send more comments later, but I’m really enjoying this.

16. Seespottakeapoop

Seespottakeapoop Active Member

Dec 20, 2010
    So far I’m enjoying this :)
    Couple things, I’m testing on an iPhone X, depending on which way I’m holding it with the “notch”, the potions are hard to use, or the mission text is partially cut off. Also, when selling loot, possibly make it so ALL your loot isn’t displayed. I’ve sold most of the extra loot only to find out my character is naked because his equipped gear was in the mix. Keep up the great work!

17. Glenn42

Glenn42 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I’d love to help.

Tau1961 at AOL dot com.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    A few quality of life suggestions:

1) make the potion limits for HP and mana separate. 5 each seems reasonable.

2) when you teleport back to base camp, health should automatically regenerate. Otherwise, you end up wasting time until it refills, which kills the pace.

3) make health regeneration happen even if you are moving. Stopping to regenerate, again, kills the pace.

4) equipment management could be improved (as mentioned above).

This is probably the closest we’ve come to Diablo on mobile in a while. There’a room for more polish, but so far this is shaping up to be a fun, addictive game.

19. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Several thoughts:

-The spiders on the very first quest were hard to tell if they were alive or dead if they were stacked. I did not have that issue on subsequent quests.

-The storage mechanism needs some explanation. When I started to run out of space I was looking for a way to drop equipment in the field, not realizing that the storage limit only applied to potions and scrolls (so far, at least). Having the ability to add storage in certain areas is going to be key-some consume potions quickly!

-The area where you have to negotiate around the forested area to get to the Forbidden Dungeon was causing some mapping issues - the game showed me on the path, but I had no where to travel. I’ll restart and try to get some screenshots.

Overall the game is amazingly fun. I cannot wait to see it’s evolution!

20. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Two more items:

- In the Forbidden Dungeon, items can fall just outside the rails - I have a screenshot of gold doing this and had an item did it previously (no screenshot), but cannot get the screenshot to upload from my phone. I’ll try from my computer later.

- Potions can be consumed when you are at full health and mana.